Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New Bass Day

It’s been a REALLY long time since I’ve seen one of these posts, so I’m proud to be the one to break the ice again. And I’m doubly proud to announce that I acquired this new fish from Dr Sweet Willie himself! 

G&L Kiloton 5 in a custom config which I believe is no longer available. Matching headstock in satin black, ebony fretboard. Alder body, maple neck, modern C profile, bone nut. I’ve seen pictures of William playing it live, but I see no dings or even scratches.

And with this purchase, I’m done buying basses. I have a 4 string P, a 5 string Jazz, and a 4 string fretless Jazz. With this MM style, I can now cover all the bases I personally want to cover.F9FDA2F2-D0EC-4F32-8822-CBC41DCEEC78.thumb.jpeg.5b9726cec7c71c4758cb0d3989fe336c.jpeg

• Like 3

"For instance" is not proof.

Awesome! That's the one I tried to buy while working temporarily in North Carolina last winter, but it became unavailable so I settled for a swamp ash body with flame maple neck and fingerboard instead. The one you got is still on my radar though, possibly as a fretless model.

This bass records very well BTW. I used it on an album project a couple of months ago and was quite impressed by how it sits in the mix. I use D'addario flats on mine. It takes well to any type of playing.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

That is one sexy beast!

You can stop now -jeremyc

STOP QUOTING EVERY THING I SAY!!! -Bass_god_offspring

lug, you should add that statement to you signature.-Tenstrum

I'm not sure any argument can top lug's. - Sweet Willie

• 5 months later...

Hey - keep an eye on the neck.  At this point it's probably fine, but a luthier I know has said that he's seen repairs on warped G&L necks.
Looks SWEET (as you'd expect from Willie).

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt