Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NFL 2022-2023 Thread

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, GovernorSilver said:

Deebo Samuels asked the Niners to trade him.   He's in the final year of his rookie contract, but apparently he doesn't want to play the hybrid position any more.   He wants to go to a team who will use him as a pure WR.

Forgive my old man position but I remember when players put in their work on the field.  They were not divas demanding trades just because they didn't like their socks or the choice of paint colors in the team cafeteria. 

As soon as the 49ers tell Deebo what that rookie extension or new contract is going to look like, he'll be willing to play three ways...offense, defense and special teams. 😁😎

• Like 2

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

NFL draft: Which teams have gotten the best value since 2012? We (ESPN) rank all 32

I expected to see the Chiefs ranked highly but was surprised to see the Patriots as low as #7.     Not surprised at all to see the Chargers in the 20s - Tom Telesco whiffed on quite a few choices.  I get the feeling previous HC Anthony Lynn got thrown under the bus for not being able to polish turds.  Brandon Staley and Herbert saved Telesco's job, for now.

BREAKING NEWS: Amber Heard signs 4 year $128 million dollar contract with the Las Vegas Raiders, according to NFL network.

"This is great not only for the organization but for the culture we're trying to build here. No nonsense, smack you in the mouth football. Amber is the perfect fit to represent Raider Nation", says owner Mark Davis.  😂🤣

FD3FD598-2F38-41EB-8EC6-0F30E561B6CB.jpeg

• Haha 2

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

12 hours ago, S_Gould said:

Maybe O.T. for this thread but is anyone watching the USFL? We may be seeing some of the players soon in the NFL.

Football is my favorite sport; but with the Suns in the NBA playoffs and the Dodgers fielding one of the best teams in MLB, I'm afraid I haven't given the USFL a second thought.

Has it been fun to watch?

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

2 hours ago, Geoff Grace said:

Football is my favorite sport; but with the Suns in the NBA playoffs and the Dodgers fielding one of the best teams in MLB, I'm afraid I haven't given the USFL a second thought.

Best,

Geoff

Yeah, I'm enjoying it so far. There's a game on Fox Sports 1 at 4p.m.(Pacific), if you want to take a peek later this afternoon.

• Like 1

I'm  a huge football fan but I never really tune into alternative pro football. It's NFL or NCAA or nothing.😁😎

• Like 2

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

On 4/20/2022 at 11:28 PM, ProfD said:

Forgive my old man position but I remember when players put in their work on the field.  They were not divas demanding trades just because they didn't like their socks or the choice of paint colors in the team cafeteria. 

As soon as the 49ers tell Deebo what that rookie extension or new contract is going to look like, he'll be willing to play three ways...offense, defense and special teams. 😁😎

Dream on. He's a diva, just like so many other WRs before him. So sick of it. I hope he gets traded to the Lions. :) 

• Like 1

On 4/23/2022 at 1:18 AM, S_Gould said:

Maybe O.T. for this thread but is anyone watching the USFL? We may be seeing some of the players soon in the NFL.

Football in April? Pass. The only football in April I care about is the draft. 

I do remember the old USFL though. Didn't last long, but had a lasting impact on the NFL. 

• Like 1

On 4/22/2022 at 10:18 PM, S_Gould said:

No USFL for me.  Sorry….just not into the idea.  Heck, I barely watch college football.

dB

• Like 2

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

On 4/23/2022 at 10:44 AM, Geoff Grace said:

Best,

Geoff

Chris Paul rules.

I'll catch up to the Dodgers as the season gets near to the playoffs. I'm not a super-huge baseball fan, but I'll watch some playoffs if them or the Cubs are in it. Checked out some Warriors games too. But no USFL. Like you, it's just never occurred to me to watch.

• Like 2

OT for the thread, sorta:

Shailene Woodley and Aaron Rodgers have called it quits. Again.

A source told E! News that the Divergent star and the Green Bay Packers quarterback have broken up again. "Shailene tried to give it another shot and was spending time with Aaron. But she quickly saw that everything was on his terms and nothing was going to change. There was no reason to continue and she's done with it again," the source said.

Woodley, 30, and Rodgers, 38, ended their engagement in February, but have since been spotted together multiple times. Two weeks after the news of their called-off engagement, the two said they were looking to work their relationship out. They were "talking things through and trying to keep things private," a source told Us Weekly.

"Things are different now, but they were definitely over. Now that Aaron is in (the) off season, he has more downtime and can focus more on a relationship. Shailene is understanding and open — she hasn’t shut the door completely or (she) would’ve never agreed to meet up with him," the source said.

Once again, Aaron is a Diva that gets away with it, but in the relationship Aaron had with this woman was "On his terms" That is Its my way or the highway. She took the highway. 

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

I was hoping Washington Commanders would have selected an o-lineman in the draft.

They chose to pick speedy WR Jahan Dotson to pair up with WR Terry McLaurin.

The pick makes some sense because we needed that position filled as well. 😎

PD

Yep, the first round of the 2022 NFL Draft is in the books. The Packers chose two Georgia teammates: LB Quay Walker and DT Devonte Wyatt.

Here's an ESPN analysis of each pick from the first round:

NFL draft 2022 live updates: Pros and cons for every first-round pick so far

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

15 hours ago, ProfD said:

I was hoping Washington Commanders would have selected an o-lineman in the draft.

They chose to pick speedy WR Jahan Dotson to pair up with WR Terry McLaurin.

The pick makes some sense because we needed that position filled as well. 😎

Having watched Dotson play for Penn State, he can catch the ball on the run and if he gets a step on the Defense, no one had a chance of catching him. Of course college FB and the NFL are two different games. The NFL is a All Star League. Dotson will find he cannot get away with he did in College FB.

Mike T

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

No complaints about the Chargers choice of Zion Johnson.  It'll be interesting to see how they solve the right tackle problem now - whether they try him at RT, or slide the current RG over.  In any case, more protection for Herbert is good.

The Charger fansites were hoping for Jameson Williams but he didn't get past Detroit.  

Steelers appear to have lucked out with Kenny Pickett dropping into their laps.  With Big Ben retired and the tragic loss of Dwayne Haskins, this was the pick they needed.

The rest of the Chargers draft focused on offensive line and defense (one tackle, and a bunch of defensive backs).   They also drafted RB Isaiah Spiller in hopes he'll be the backup to Ekeler that they've been searching for but haven't found.

I guess they're happy with their WR corps, as not a single pick was spent on that position.

6 hours ago, Geoff Grace said:

Just four years after winning Super Bowl LII MVP, Nick Foles is kicked to the street. He sure has had a lot of ups and downs in his 10-year career.

Considering the nature of the QB position, Nick Foles may not be unemployed for long. Otherwise, he's had a pretty good career as a traveling QB with a SB ring. 😎

• Like 2
  • Cool 1

PD

Steelers reportedly decline LB Devin Bush's 5th-year option.

Bush had a great rookie Season, but tore his ACL in a none impact injury and has never been the same. Injuries can kill a great player and ruin a career. Bush didn't play up to his rookie season after his injury and this will be his last year in a Steelers uniform unless he is able to regain his confidence and play up to his ability. OR NFL stands for NOT FOR LONG

Mike. T.

• 3 weeks later...

BDN landed in a good place at Indy.  If he gets on the field he may do some good.  He is fantastic coming in cold turkey off the bench.  He just wasn't mobile enough to survive in that no protection dumpster fire Matt Nagy offense.  He is lucky he didn't die.

• 2 weeks later...

The one thing I remember about Marion Barber was the 2011 game against the Broncos.   All the Bears had to do to win is let the clock run out.  Bears had a 3 point lead and the Broncos had no time outs.  We don’t know why but for some reason Marion Barber had a brainfart and ran the ball out of bounds.  Bears lost.   Other than that Marion played a great game. Too many of these men die too young. 

• 1 month later...