Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Question for Admin, Mods and Techs

Thanks again, Admin, Mods and Techs! Now, is there any chance of view/display features such as 'Dark Mode'? I came to really like that...

'S no big deal, I just wondered!

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

• 2 weeks later...

To get the video below, I went to it’s page, hit the SHARE button, copied the link, and pasted it into the box where I typed this post.  

There may actually be something you’re missing though…so I guess there IS a trick!  I did hit return after pasting the link into the text box.  That caused the video to instantly populate inside the text box right away, before I hit the SUBMIT REPLY button.

dB

• Thanks 1
  • Wow! 1

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

20 hours ago, Dannyalcatraz said:

Well, it isn’t working 100% of the time, then.  I posted a couple in “What’s in your ears” and only see links, not vids.

Fix’d!  🙌 🥳

I edited the post, highlighted the underlined linked URL and hit the REMOVE LINK button.  Doing this left the original URL itself in place, underline gone.  Then, I put my cursor at the end of said URL and hit return.  The vids populated.

dB

1 hour ago, surfergirl said:

Thank you, I will try to follow those instructions. I'm so bad with technology that I give myself a gold star everytime I get anything right. 🏅

The UBB code we lived with for so many years at the old site was way more techy - we were just used to it.   It’s encouraging how often how things work on the new platform end up being fairly simple.

If there’s anything I can do to help any of you guys, please do let me know. 😎

dB

• Like 1

On 2/11/2022 at 6:40 PM, Dave Bryce said:

Fix’d!  🙌 🥳

I edited the post, highlighted the underlined linked URL and hit the REMOVE LINK button.  Doing this left the original URL itself in place, underline gone.  Then, I put my cursor at the end of said URL and hit return.  The vids populated.

dB

I’m not sure I understand what happened or what you did.

What did was go to YouTube, cut the links, then pasted them here.  Previously, I would have pasted each link in the “video” wrappers.

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/

1 hour ago, Dannyalcatraz said:

I’m not sure I understand what happened or what you did.

What did was go to YouTube, cut the links, then pasted them here.  Previously, I would have pasted each link in the “video” wrappers.

Yup, totally with you.  It confused me as well, because I expected Facebook-like behavior where the video populates in the editor as soon as you paste a link.  

The trick here is to hit Return after you paste the link. That makes the video populate before you post.  You can then type more text, paste another link, etc.

dB

Eeeexcellent... :w00t:

Hey. there's a new theme called Soft Blue in the THEMES menu under the social media links atthe bottom of the forum.

Pretty cool, I think. Way easy on the eyes. Might even make it the default.  Love to hear what y'all think...

There are actually a few different choices down there.  Each of us can use whichever one we want, regardless of the default.

dB

• Like 1