Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Liquid Stands, Plixio, Pyle - 20" lowest position

This Z stand from China is sold under a lot of brand names, inexpensive, easy to find.  I'm interested only because specs say it will go down to 20" and therefore fit under my desk with a CP88 on top.  My plan is to put felt under the feet, or remove feet and put felt on the floor bars to slide - thanks drawback for the idea!

spacer.png

I've seen it sold by Liquid Stands, Pyle, Plixio, 

Pyle

Plixio

Liquid Stands

Around $70.  

Anyone here ever seen one in person, maybe own one?

Good enough for my use?  Any major flaws?  

Thanks!

• Like 1

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

i own one.  great stand. mine holds a boat anchor KX88, plus a Novation controller and a B4D controller without a sweat. btw, afaik the pyle one is NOT the same.  look closely.   mine is 23 1/3" off the floor with wheels.  subtract 2" if you took off the wheels.  i think it can go a bit lower, but i'm not moving the aforementioned backbreaker to find out.

2 minutes ago, D. Gauss said:

i own one.  great stand. mine holds a boat anchor KX88, plus a Novation controller and a B4D controller without a sweat. btw, afaik the pyle one is NOT the same.  look closely.   mine is 23 1/3" off the floor with wheels.  subtract 2" if you took off the wheels.  i think it can go a bit lower, but i'm not moving the aforementioned backbreaker to find out.

Thanks so much! Great info! 

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

I'd like to make an interpretation of this stand:

1511630890_PlixioStandmod5-2-.thumb.jpg.58eab359e1b82e366fda5e5ae96328ba.jpg

here's an aluminum tube version I've been working on392359027_PlixioTubedoblique.thumb.jpg.7101505c6b34d2ca51fd67be58325db3.jpg

I would have to find a decent tig welder to build or put one together

• Like 1

Triton Extreme 76, Kawai ES3, GEM-RPX, HX3/Drawbar control, MSI Z97

MPower/4790K, Lynx Aurora 8/MADI/AES16e, OP-X PRO, Ptec, Komplete.

Ashley MX-206. future MOTU M64 RME Digiface Dante for Mon./net

I've had mine over six years – it was sold under the "Stellar Labs" brand - hey, it's still there:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008I5QTQI/

I paid $47 for it back in 2015.

I'll second what's been said here - it's a good stand that solidly holds my KX88. I would not recommend it for a gigging setup, just a studio where it's gonna stay assembled. Taking it apart, transporting and re-assembling, then doing the same when the gig is done will get old very quickly.

• Thanks 1