Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Places to cure my GAS in London?

Finally, after almost 2 years of waiting I`m heading to London to meet my newborn niece.

While Covid still won`t allow me to do the standard tourist routes I`m very interested in meeting gear shops (used or newâ¦, Anderton`s is already on my list).

Any recommendations guys?

Tks!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably the best in London is PMT in Clerkenwell.

Anderton"s are in Guildford about an hour or so outside the centre on London.

Bonners are another worth a visit and they have four stores, each have different instrument groups on show so do ring them first to get advice on which would suit you best. They to are located outside the centre of London.

As you research you will find a lot of guitar biased shops and far less keyboard orientated ones.

Additionally do head up to St John"s Wood to do the Abbey Road Walk.

Col

Is visiting these shops going to cure your GAS or give you more? I guess that depends if you actually buy anything, huh? :)

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Is visiting these shops going to cure your GAS or give you more? I guess that depends if you actually buy anything, huh? :)

You know there is no such thing as cure for GAS, right? LoL

Knowing this I've decided to save and only buy top notch gear... I'm over the "lets purchase this because sounds just ok".... at least I'm investing in gear that should last.

Knowing this I've decided to save and only buy top notch gear... I'm over the "lets purchase this because sounds just ok".... at least I'm investing in gear that should last.

Hey, it was your thread title. ;):D

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Hey, it was your thread title. ;):D

Jokes apart, I'm now in the middle of my quest for downgrading while upgrading.... geting rid of the "non top" gear I have to afford other boards (e.g., selling a DX7 and a JV-1080 to get a Summit), therefore, less space with more raw power....

I'm also selling my Workstations (Montage) to focus on "just synths"...., Jupiter X was the most recent purchase along with the JD-Xa.

Chapels of Bond street used to be worth a visit. Not too far a walk from Denmark st, TCR . It was mostly Yamaha products last time I was there but they had everything from home pianos to Montages. They also have a fantastic basement floor for sheet music.
Yamaha MODX8, Legend Live.