Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Larry is at it again (on the Casio MT40)

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Larry is the best. I remember one night he decided to bring up Keyscape and going through every sound in Keyscape all the off the wall keyboards and makeup or play strange tunes for that sound then comment. Seemed like he was on for hours, he is SO good and SO funny.

This is very good. I used to own an MT-40, bought in new, probably 1985ish. One of the few keyboards I regret getting rid of. Something about that square wave sound. I just checked on ebay. There must be a cult following for these things. Very expensive.

Yamaha Motif XF6, Yamaha AN200, Logic Pro X,  Arturia Microbrute, Behringer Model D, Yamaha UX-3 Acoustic Piano, assorted homemade synth modules

I like Larry's playing! In Hotel Blues, I noticed how when he's doing that standard left hand blues shuffle riff, based around C, G, A, and Bb, that he's also working in grace notes, I guess you could call them, Gb to G, Ab to A, and like that. I guess I've probably used those notes here and there in that groove before, but he uses them a lot, in ways I wouldn't have thought of, and it fits right in and sounds right, for this context anyway (and what exactly is this context, you might ask?? :idk:). He does similar things on other chords, not just the C7.

Heh heh, my first electronic keyboard was the MT65 or something.

Same here. I still have it. Works perfectly too. My parents kept it all these years. Still have a VL-1 from the same era.

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

Looks like he got a CT-S1 and loves it!

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI