Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

SP6-8 vs PC4-8 ...

hey all - currently gigging with a PC1x ... pretty much just use it for 10-12 setups (now, multi in new kurzweil terms) .... I have a PC4, but frankly I think it is way more board than I need for my purposes (have played around with the soundtower editor, but still more than I need) ..... I am considering selling the PC4 and grab an SP6 ... I really think that may be a better (and simpler) option for my needs .... (I also have a hammond XK1c for organ and several other synths that I can use for a 3rd board if needed) .... thoughts ?????????????

PC1x, Hammond XK1c, Deep Mind 6, MS500 (gig rig)

Kurz PC4, Mini Moog Model D, Little Phatty, Hammond M3, Leslie 145, viscount op-3, Behringer model D, Roland GAIA.. (home studio)

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If your needs are perfectly well met by the SP6, and you can get some cash in hand selling the PC4 and buying the SP6, it could make sense. But I don't see any advantage of an SP6 over a PC4. Yeah, simpler in a way, merely by virtue of having fewer options (not as many knobs/sliders/buttons, no sound editing screens). But if can just "ignore" those things you don't need, I don't think what remains is really more complicated. In fact, the PC4 may be simpler. The screen is more informative. The 12 knob functions of the SP6 are only available 4-at-a-time (requiring you to cycle through their functions to get to the rest), whereas all 12 of those functions are available simultaneously on the PC4 (and more, if you want them).

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

thanks all !!! ... always good to bounce ideas off here .....

PC1x, Hammond XK1c, Deep Mind 6, MS500 (gig rig)

Kurz PC4, Mini Moog Model D, Little Phatty, Hammond M3, Leslie 145, viscount op-3, Behringer model D, Roland GAIA.. (home studio)