Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Caevan is locked out

Here's a weird one, folks . . .

Caevan needs some tech assistance logging back onto the Forums. He started seeing some oddball security message when he tries to log onto the Forums, "Access Denied - Sucuri Website Firewall" "If you are the site owner (or you manage this site), please whitelist your IP or if you think this block is an error please open a support ticket . . ." etc.. The "open a support ticket" phrase is apparently another active link, if you click on it.

As you might imagine, Caevan is reluctant to "open a support ticket . . ." with what may be a hacked site or a scam? If anyone can help, or is familiar with this roadblock, you can shred that info here, or send me a PM, or something. If you're in touch with Caevan on FB, you can still check in with him there, this seems to be an issue that's specific to the Forum log-on. He can still see the Forums, he just can't get in.

Thanks all . . .

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

http://www.novparolo.com

https://thewinstonpsmithproject.bandcamp.com

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for jumping on this Dave! It could also be a security issue with Caevan's computer automatic security upgrades? I have never had a real problem signing on but there have been times when this site is not responding now and then. My search bar has a "Not secure" warning site message on it ever since we changed to this newer Music Player Network. For security purposes, it may be worthwhile to have the webmaster look into how the site can be upgraded for it's web security settings. Thanks... :cool:

ps. We've got to get Caevan back on somehow! Sending him a shout out! :wave:

Take care, Larryz

Oddly, it seems that I can now post anywhere here that I please- except in reply to my own "A capo particularly excellent for bendy Blues and Rock"-thread... ?

There, and there alone, I continue to get blocked by the same Sucuri Firewall error-message, and the link provided therein for opening a "ticket" to resolve the issue leads to a blank page...

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Oddly, it seems that I can now post anywhere here that I please- except in reply to my own "A capo particularly excellent for bendy Blues and Rock"-thread... ?

There, and there alone, I continue to get blocked by the same Sucuri Firewall error-message, and the link provided therein for opening a "ticket" to resolve the issue leads to a blank page...

That is because capos are bad? lol...

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

The Sucuri firewall is legit. It is safe to open a ticket. I sent an email to Caevan.

In the future, please report technical issues in the Members Help Desk. I get email notification whenever someone posts to that forum.

My apologies, I'll keep that in mind in case of future problems.

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

http://www.novparolo.com

https://thewinstonpsmithproject.bandcamp.com

The Sucuri firewall is legit. It is safe to open a ticket. I sent an email to Caevan.

In the future, please report technical issues in the Members Help Desk. I get email notification whenever someone posts to that forum.

My apologies, I'll keep that in mind in case of future problems.

Me, too!

That is because capos are bad? lol...

Hope you get it working Caevan! +1 Capos are bad juju LoL! :evil:

Haahhaahh! :laugh: And- no, they're not! :crazy::D:thu: But I can understand how they would've rubbed people the wrong way in the past.

But I digress. ;)

The Sucuri firewall is legit. It is safe to open a ticket.

Here's the story on Sucuri: if we change the musicplayer.com URL to https, we'll immediately lose the links to 20+ years of videos - which we'd prefer not to do - so we hired the Sucuri folks to help ward off pests. They actually do a pretty great job of it... :cop::cool:

Brother Jim has been MPN's webmaster since he built it a few decades ago, and I have the keys to the joint. If there's anything either of us can do to help any of y'all at any time, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

The Sucuri firewall is legit. It is safe to open a ticket.

Here's the story on Sucuri: if we change the musicplayer.com URL to https, we'll immediately lose the links to 20+ years of videos - which we'd prefer not to do - so we hired the Sucuri folks to help ward off pests. They actually do a pretty great job of it... :cop::cool:

Brother Jim has been MPN's webmaster since he built it a few decades ago, and I have the keys to the joint. If there's anything either of us can do to help any of y'all at any time, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

dB

Block details:

Your IP: **.***.***.*** (edited out by myself)

URL: forums.musicplayer.com/ubbthreads.php

Your Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/91.0.4472.77 Safari/537.36

Block ID: SQLi17

Block reason: SQL injection was detected and blocked.

Time: 2021-06-05 21:57:50

Server ID: 20008

Just saw this go by from Sucuri:

Ticket update

Your support ticket has been updated.

Update details:

Subject:

Member is being blocked from posting in some cases

Just a quick update to let you know that your case has been assigned to one of our analysts. We will have more information for you shortly.

Thanks,

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Just saw this go by from Sucuri:

Ticket update

Your support ticket has been updated.

Update details:

Subject:

Member is being blocked from posting in some cases

Just a quick update to let you know that your case has been assigned to one of our analysts. We will have more information for you shortly.

Thanks,

dB

Cool, thanks!