Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Inside the Secretly Lucrative World of Solo Piano Music

Moonglow

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting article and one of the students from the music I worked at did well playing solo piano and I guess she still is and that is Liz Story. I remember her well she was a really cool and fun to be around person. She was doing something with the school I don't remember what, but she'd be hang out in the office. I remember she was very into astrology and had our chart done for myself and a few others. They she would spend time and explain it all. This was also when she got her first record deal Windham Hill records. I used to have some pictures of her I got into photography for awhile and took some of Liz at the school hanging out. She's a very beautiful, excellent musicians, and really fun to be around.

Interesting article and one of the students from the music I worked at did well playing solo piano and I guess she still is and that is Liz Story. I remember her well she was a really cool and fun to be around person. She was doing something with the school I don't remember what, but she'd be hang out in the office. I remember she was very into astrology and had our chart done for myself and a few others. They she would spend time and explain it all. This was also when she got her first record deal Windham Hill records. I used to have some pictures of her I got into photography for awhile and took some of Liz at the school hanging out. She's a very beautiful, excellent musicians, and really fun to be around.

I've said it before â Doc, you should write a book.

Here for the gear.

Excellent article. Another great example of thinking outside the box and the different outlets/streams when it comes to selling music. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

haha, I (along with pretty much everyone here I'd reckon) have been doing this type of improv playing for years, sometime at solo gigs but mostly at home...never realised it was a "thing" or one could actually earn money from it 'til now!

There is no luck - luck is simply the confluence of circumstance and co-incidence...

Time is the final arbiter for all things

haha, I (along with pretty much everyone here I'd reckon) have been doing this type of improv playing for years, sometime at solo gigs but mostly at home...never realised it was a "thing" or one could actually earn money from it 'til now!

Everything is a thing now, right? An old friend told me many years ago, every band, every genre, has its fans. I had no idea modern smooth 'jazz' was a big market with many small time producers getting play. A lot of it is just improve or a head over generic changes - like you do to fill time on a cocktail gig. There"s a crowd that"s into it.

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560