Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Taking a break

Hi Everybody,

Friday, May 21st I am having reconstructive foot surgery on my right foot.

It will be eight weeks before I can put any weight on that foot and then a slow transition to being able to walk again.

I won't have easy access to this computer (I don't use my phone to surf the internet) so I probably won't be around for a while. I've got lots of helpful friends who will visit and take care of needed chores like shopping, cooking, taking out the garbage, running the laundry, etc. I'll be fine, it won't be fun at first.

I love it on MPN, I'll be back. Cheers, Kuru

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Best wishes for a speedy recovery Kuru! We will be missing you and looking forward to your return to the forum! Maybe you could invest in a lap top? Anyway good luck with the foot operation and keep us posted when you can! Sincerely, Larryz :thu:
Take care, Larryz

@KuruPrionz How about a knee scooter https://bestreviews.com/best-knee-scooters there are places where they lend those things out for seniors in many towns. My wifey had a tripping accident March 3 and pulled the tendon from the side of a bone on her right foot she also had a boot which helped her walk. We borrowed a knee scooter from a place that lends them free of charge, we did leave a donation when we returned the scooter.

Thanks All!!!

This is why I love this place, we are family in our own way.

DBM, I was loaned a knee scooter by the Lion's Club, I've got it for 90 days with an option to renew at that time.

I also have a nice walker, that was $6 at Goodwill and another $3 to replace the hard plastic wheels and tips with rubber tips. Very stable and quiet now, my favored "transportation" since it is the easiest one to use with only one foot.

I've done a LOT of preparation, given out 9 sets of keys to friends, some of whom are couples so that's a two-fer. I don't want to put too much of a load on anybody so I've spread it out.

And, I paid for a ride home from a service that will provide a wheelchair and get me inside my condo and to my bed for $109. That's a bargain compared to having an accident of any sort, my friends are not prepared to safely get me home.

Thanks everybody!!!

If I survived Saturday I can get through anything pretty much - with a little help from my friends.

I am sort of back but it will be sporadic for now. Still, I LOVE this place and my friends here!!!!! Cheers, Kuru