Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Are you performing with a face mask?

If not masks, then I'd like to know why Japan has had so few cases all along compared to most countries, despite not shutting much or anything down this whole time, including the subways and other mass transit. They do tend to avoid shouting and being rude in public places like the subway so maybe that's a factor.

Testing how effective masks are, or aren't, doesn't exactly seem like it would be that hard to pull off. Yet here we are with radically different opinions. At this point, we are where we are so I try not to sweat it. All I can do is vaccinate myself and my family (the 14-year-old is the last to get it, hopefully next week.)

Pretty much every store and place of business here said (and still says) "mask required" and all along a lot of people simply ignore it. At this point it's probably a mix of anti-maskers and vaccinated people but I'll respect the store's rules for now, just like I'm not going in without a shirt when it says "shirt required" (and I'm sure the other customers are very grateful!)

As Japans cases are now spiralling out of control it seems your mask theory has bitten the dust - just sayin' ;)

Yamaha CP70B;Roland XP30/AXSynth/Fantom/FA76/XR;Hammond XK3C SK2; Korg Kronos 73;ProSoloist Rack+; ARP ProSoloist; Mellotron M4000D; GEM Promega2; Hohner Pianet N, Roland V-Grand,Voyager XL, RMI

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not "my" theory. If science reaches a consensus that masks are useless (or harmful even) then I'll change my views accordingly. If wearing masks hasn't helped Japan at all then perhaps data will eventually show that (or not). Something sure kept the numbers much lower there for a while, whatever it is would be good to understand for the next pandemic :)

If there is another pandemic at least we'll be prepared :lolol:
Yamaha CP70B;Roland XP30/AXSynth/Fantom/FA76/XR;Hammond XK3C SK2; Korg Kronos 73;ProSoloist Rack+; ARP ProSoloist; Mellotron M4000D; GEM Promega2; Hohner Pianet N, Roland V-Grand,Voyager XL, RMI