Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Hammond (Nord) & Keytar. Highway Star Deep Purple cover

Alyona

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That was outstanding! I love seeing someone put a Nord through its paces in a big way. I also have to compliment your keytar work. That's the kind of playing that proves the instrument form is no joke. Its always good to see some more high-grade girl power appear to rebalance our big hairy synth locker room. :taz::keys:

"Well, the 60s were fun, but now I'm payin' for it."
        ~ Stan Lee, "Ant-Man and the Wasp"

Loved it. Solid playing and great time.

Plus you got the look and stage presence absolutely right. (I remember brother J. Dan, formerly of this parish, commenting on how important this is: clothes, accessories, props...).

Are those live takes? Am I guessing correctly that: you're using the Electro's onboard drive, but ran the keytar into the Marshall half-stack? I didn't see any mics on the Marshall, so not clear exactly how it was done.

Cheers, Mike.

Loved it. Solid playing and great time.

Plus you got the look and stage presence absolutely right. (I remember brother J. Dan, formerly of this parish, commenting on how important this is: clothes, accessories, props...).

Are those live takes? Am I guessing correctly that: you're using the Electro's onboard drive, but ran the keytar into the Marshall half-stack? I didn't see any mics on the Marshall, so not clear exactly how it was done.

Cheers, Mike.

Hi Mike, thanks for your kind words and feedback!

I recorded it live, but needed to make some more shots to make the video more interesting :)

I tried to record the keytar through Marshall, but I didn´t like the sound in the end. So I decided to record Roland in line. And what you hear in the video is just pure Roland Ax-Synth sound.

Marshall is there though just because it looks cool :)

That was outstanding! I love seeing someone put a Nord through its paces in a big way. I also have to compliment your keytar work. That's the kind of playing that proves the instrument form is no joke. Its always good to see some more high-grade girl power appear to rebalance our big hairy synth locker room. :taz::keys:

Thanks! Soo nice to read this!!! ;)

I recorded it live, but needed to make some more shots to make the video more interesting :)
I hear you. That's what we did with my old band when we recorded some promotional video - the audio was a single continuous take (with video), and we then shot further video to get additional camera angles.

Marshall is there though just because it looks cool smile
Again, I've lived that experience. With another band, we were booked but there was concern that we wouldn't be loud enough. The PA we had was a couple of Thump 15s and a Mackie sub, if I remember correctly. The band hired (borrowed? I'm not quite sure) a couple of passive subs and a power amp - and they didn't work.

I remember telling the band "just use your kit, don't try and fix the extra stuff, people hear with their eyes". We were fine.

Cheers, Mike.