Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Greg Phillinganes demos Trilian 1.5

tfort

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah it's bass, but he's playing it on a Novation SLMKIII controller so it's on topic...

In the style of Greg's demo of Keyscape, but funnier. I watched all 20 minutes, quite the walk down memory lane.

What a wonderful demo! Thanks for sharing it tfort.

I absolutely LOVE Greg and Taylor's playing, and it makes me miss George Duke from the original demos, can't believe it's been 10 years already.

What an amazing demo for Trilian. Lyle Mays moves me to tears. Thanks for the post.

Yeah both of them having played with Jaco I think they were in heaven.

That first clip channels a lot of "A remark you made" to my ears.

No disrespect to Greg P., but yeah, this type of genius moves you to tears in just a demo!!!

J  a  z  z   P i a n o 8 8

--

Yamaha C7D

Montage M8x | CP300 | CP4 | SK1-73 | OB6 | Seven

K8.2 | 3300 | CPSv.3

Nothing wrong with this: Greg is the man afterall that threw down so many of those amazing synth bass lines on the MJ records.

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

Yeah it's bass, but he's playing it on a Novation SLMKIII controller so it's on topic...

In the style of Greg's demo of Keyscape, but funnier. I watched all 20 minutes, quite the walk down memory lane.

Geez, that was a fun video!

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76| Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT, Kurzweil PC4 (88)

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

Nothing wrong with this: Greg is the man afterall that threw down so many of those amazing synth bass lines on the MJ records.

Wish Greg could have played on this after MJ didn't give him credit on 'Don"t Stop 'Til You Get Enough' :

[video:youtube]

J  a  z  z   P i a n o 8 8

--

Yamaha C7D

Montage M8x | CP300 | CP4 | SK1-73 | OB6 | Seven

K8.2 | 3300 | CPSv.3

Loved the hookup between Greg and Taylor, and the honest legitimate fun everyone was having. I'm not sure if it's the SLMKIII or Greg focusing on the jokes more than the playing or the new sounds themselves, but they sounded far less realistic than the previous version and demos... the sounds themselves are still phenomenal but I don't think the playing was as idiomatic as before. *shrug*

My Site

Nord Electro 5D, Novation Launchkey 61, Logic Pro X, Mainstage 3, lots of plugins, fingers, pencil, paper.