Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

An Invisibler Rig Build

I had a few of them a long time ago.  they were great.  always wondered why no company  ever copied them and produced them for sale.  I'm guessing they would really sell.

• Like 1

I often look back at my time with the invisible stands with rose colored glasses.  I do recall some frustrations at the time, thinking there may be better options out there.  My biggest gripes with the Invisible Stand inlcluded:

1. Odd footprint.  The legs took up a lot of front to back real-estate.
  2. Height adjustments were limited and awkward.
  3. Narrow pedalboard space.  Not horrible, but table type stands are way better. 

However, I haven't found any stands that match the 2nd tier height and offset, which is where the Invisible shines.  Column Stands have infinitely variable height adjustments between both boards, but the offset is always horrible, with the top board obscuring much of the lower board.  Table type stands tend to have the second tier WAY too high.  For a sitting player, I can't stand that.  I would definitely use an invisible stand again if the opportunity presented itself.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, ABECK said:

I often look back at my time with the invisible stands with rose colored glasses.  I do recall some frustrations at the time, thinking there may be better options out there.  My biggest gripes with the Invisible Stand inlcluded:

1. Odd footprint.  The legs took up a lot of front to back real-estate.
  2. Height adjustments were limited and awkward.
  3. Narrow pedalboard space.  Not horrible, but table type stands are way better. 

However, I haven't found any stands that match the 2nd tier height and offset, which is where the Invisible shines.  Column Stands have infinitely variable height adjustments between both boards, but the offset is always horrible, with the top board obscuring much of the lower board.  Table type stands tend to have the second tier WAY too high.  For a sitting player, I can't stand that.  I would definitely use an invisible stand again if the opportunity presented itself.

Yep, the offset is where the magic is. I still have a couple of these, but I think I might sell one. I also have a third-tier attachment but could never figure out how to use it. Another shortcoming (for me) is that there is too much up/down wobbling when using the Invisible Stand in standing position. I'm 6'2" so it might would only get worse for taller people than me.

• Like 1

I would say the main advantage for me is stability and ease of takedown and setup. 

I had a proper, triangular shaped carrying bag for mine made rather than the sack that came with them in the day. I think Eric did the same, and perhaps other users here. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zxcvbnm098 said:

I had a proper, triangular shaped carrying bag for mine made rather than the sack that came with them in the day. I think Eric did the same, and perhaps other users here. 

A while back Eric gave me the contact information for the gentleman who made those Invisible carrying bags, but either he stopped making them or was no longer in business, I forget which.

Brother Redkey introduced me to a cymbal case he uses:

IMG_4884.jpeg

• Like 3

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."

- George Bernard Shaw

On 5/31/2024 at 3:32 PM, Moonglow said:

A while back Eric gave me the contact information for the gentleman who made those Invisible carrying bags, but either he stopped making them or was no longer in business, I forget which.

Brother Redkey introduced me to a cymbal case he uses:

IMG_4884.jpeg

Now THAT is smart!

On 5/29/2024 at 8:03 PM, zxcvbnm098 said:

It's not only amazing we're still talking about a product from the 80's, but also that so many of us still use them....

I have two of them holding up my studio:

newstudio.jpg

20240602_113830.jpg

• Like 1

iMac i7 13.5.2

Studio One 5.5.2

Nord Stage 3

Nord Wave 2

Nektar T4

Drawmer DL 241

Focusrite ISA Two

Focusrite Clarett 8 Pre

16 hours ago, DJkeys said:

I have two of them holding up my studio:

"Invisible stands are liker gravity. They're impossible to discern with the naked eye, have been known about for an enormous time, and they hold up the entire universe".

Cheers, Mike.

• Like 1

I had this bag custom made for my Invisible Stands by Mooradian Cover in Boston probably 10 years ago.  It's great.  It's held up beautifully.  Lots of padding where it needs it and high quality stitching, zipper, strap...Their shop closed a while back but they are open again as of earlier this year and it's possible they might have the design on file somewhere.

Invisible_Stand_bag.jpg

Invisible_Stand_Bag_2.jpg

• Like 1

Nord Stage 3 Compact

Nord Stage 2 EX Compact

Korg Kronos 2 73

Mag C2 organ

UHL X3-1 organ

GSI DMC-122 

Radial KL8

Motion Sound Kp500S

Macbook Pro 
Falcon, UVI, Kontakt, Logic, PT

13 hours ago, Dave Osoff said:

I had this bag custom made for my Invisible Stands by Mooradian Cover in Boston probably 10 years ago.  It's great.  It's held up beautifully.  Lots of padding where it needs it and high quality stitching, zipper, strap...Their shop closed a while back but they are open again as of earlier this year and it's possible they might have the design on file somewhere.

Invisible_Stand_bag.jpg

Invisible_Stand_Bag_2.jpg

Dave, I have the same bag from Mooradian...I think I had it made in the early-mid '00s...either you told me about them or I told you about them. I think at least one other person on the forum has one as well.