Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Password change

Hey, this was a first. I went to get on the forum, and I received a google chrome alert that an app (didn't mention which) had a data breach, and my password for this site was compromised.
Hitting "Play" does NOT constitute live performance. -Me.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So that hasn't been you posting all those threads on here about how much you love gigs where you can just hit play?

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

He hasn't mentioned selling a Nord Stage yet, so I doubt it's him.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Can you see the Real Me? Can ya?
The approximately 1,372 times I have listened to Quadrophenia has prepared me to play the entire bass part in my head after reading that.

Didja get to see them do it live?

I saw the Quadrophenia tour they did in '96. It was awesome.

If you don't have the 5.1 mix of the the studio LP (and you're into such things), I can't recommend it enough.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

I've seen those "alerts" and they are malware. Some display a dialog box that won't let you back to the browser, and I'm not clicking the OK button for fear it will download malware. So I pull the internet cable out and use Task Manager (WIN) or System Monitor (OSX) to kill the browser - and the dialog box.

Then re-open the browser without the internet connected, and it will re-open the tabs including the one that sparked the malware. Close all the tabs, close the browser, re-connect to internet, THEN re-open the browser. Viola, it won't open the malware.

Some news websites download malware covertly, PBS is one of them. Might be a tracking app but if it does not ask for permission then it is malware in my book. Very easy to see the download in OSX/Safari, OSX won't launch it and you can eliminate it pronto from the download folder. Then I add the website to my blacklist.

Hey, this was a first. I went to get on the forum, and I received a google chrome alert that an app (didn't mention which) had a data breach, and my password for this site was compromised.

You sound surprised. Didn't you realise that this is the Key Word corner?

"Turn your fingers into a dust rag and keep them keys clean!" ;) Bluzeyone

I've seen those "alerts" and they are malware. Some display a dialog box that won't let you back to the browser, and I'm not clicking the OK button for fear it will download malware. So I pull the internet cable out and use Task Manager (WIN) or System Monitor (OSX) to kill the browser - and the dialog box.

Then re-open the browser without the internet connected, and it will re-open the tabs including the one that sparked the malware. Close all the tabs, close the browser, re-connect to internet, THEN re-open the browser. Viola, it won't open the malware.

Some news websites download malware covertly, PBS is one of them. Might be a tracking app but if it does not ask for permission then it is malware in my book. Very easy to see the download in OSX/Safari, OSX won't launch it and you can eliminate it pronto from the download folder. Then I add the website to my blacklist.

Good to know, thanks.

I got another today, for a different website, a grocery store (and I dont remember having an account, but it's likely I do I have a rewards card). It looks like a legit, but new, google alert, but i trust nothing. I just close the browser, and reboot. But I'm keeping an eye on everything.

Hitting "Play" does NOT constitute live performance. -Me.