Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NFL 2020-2021 Thread

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good day for Packers fans: :thu:

Green Bay Packers clinch NFC North with win over Detroit Lions as No. 1 seed remains in play.

IMO, the Packers are the strongest NFC team capable of winning the Super Bowl this year.

My WFT has a helluva defense but our offensive play-calling stinks. Despite his comeback story our QB is hobbled. WFT has already over-achieved this season. They might as well let Haskins play out if Smith is hurt.:cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

I have to admit I was concerned for Alex Smith when the Steelers played the WFT. I was concerned that the Steelers would injure him and he would be seriously hurt. I really don't understand Smith's desire to play professional football again after the extent of his previous injury. I am happy to read that the WFT won another game. .

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

Good day for Packers fans: :thu:

Green Bay Packers clinch NFC North with win over Detroit Lions as No. 1 seed remains in play.

IMO, the Packers are the strongest NFC team capable of winning the Super Bowl this year.

My WFT has a helluva defense but our offensive play-calling stinks. Despite his comeback story our QB is hobbled. WFT has already over-achieved this season. They might as well let Haskins play out if Smith is hurt.:cool:

I would feel a little better about the Packers' chances if they had a helluva defense too. I think they have a decent shot; but then, so does my second favorite team, the Rams. The Rams are strong where the Packers are weak and vice versa.

As for the WFT, count me in as another who worries about Alex Smith's health. With or without him, though, it seems like Washington has a good chance of winning the division.

Best,

Geof

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

I've been listening to a lot of Pittsburgh Sports radio this season, After two straight losses, there is a LOT of criticism directed at specific players that can't catch a football, others that are shoulder tackling that doesn't work, and coordinators that keep using the same plays even though they are not working. Fortunately, I am not hearing any criticism of Mike Tomlin. In my opinion, he is the best head coach Pittsburgh has ever had, He has had his focus on the TREND that has developed in Pittsburgh in the last 4 games. Mike Tomlin has identified the problems and has taken players aside that forgot how to catch that if they don't catch the ball, they will put other players in that will catch the damn ball. I don't know what Big Ben was looking at when he threw that PICK SIX at the end of the first half. Ben was looking at JU JU all the way, he didn't have anything on the ball, and even I could see that JU JU was covered. The Defender was waiting for the ball to be picked off, which he did. For a QB that has been playing Pro Football as long as Ben, it was an very bad decision that gave the momentum of the game to Buffalo. The Bills came out in the second half, drove right down the field and scored on their first possession.

Buffalo is clearly the better team, and they knew what the Steelers were going to do before they did it. Pittsburgh's game plan must be common knowledge by now. They can't run the ball, their Receivers can't catch the ball, and Ben is telegraphing his throws.

The Pittsburgh JV Team.

I'm listening to Savran on Sports out of Pittsburgh as I write this and my comments are mild compared to Stan Savran. Game over.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

Were you concerned at halftime about the game? Lol, I wasn't coming from a Lions fan. Did I just admit that? Paper bag over head. . .

'57 Hammond B-3, '60 Hammond A100, Leslie 251, Leslie 330, Leslie 770, Leslie 145, Hammond PR-40

Trek II UC-1A

Alesis QSR

The Baltimore-Cleveland game was one of the most entertaining football games I have seen in years. To be honest, I only watching the REPLAY this evening when I read Sports Commentators talking about how GREAT the game was last night. Both teams played with reckless abandon, like it was life or death. Both teams want to get a shot at the Playoffs and based on what I saw of last night's game, AND the way the Steelers are playing right now, I wouldn't want to play either one of those teams.

I'm depressed.

The Raven- Browns game was definitely a 15 round heavyweight title fight. :laugh:

Lamar Jackson running from the tunnel and back on field to lead a TD drive is the stuff from which movies are made.

The AFC North with the exception of the Bungles is competitive.

Brotha Mike, don't be too depressed. Your Steelers are still in the mix. Even with a lackluster running games, teams still have to respect the Steelers. I certainly would bet against coach Tomlin getting them ready to play hard.:cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Collin Cowherd had some interesting Playoff predictions on his youtube page. If the Steelers end up 2nd Seed in the AFC, they will draw Miami in the first round, Colin is picking 'Miami. Fast forward to the AFC Championship Game Collin is picking Buffalo over Kansas City.

Collin is picking New Orleans over Green Bay in the NFC Championship game. No SB pick just yet.

The latest absurdity in NFL news is that Drew Brees is healthy enough to play against the Chiefs this weekend. Fractured ribs do not heal that fast especially when one is playing a major contact sport. Alex Smith has a bad calf but will suit up if he's healthy enough. :rolleyes:

The Ravens Steelers game was postponed a few times before cleared to play. Weeks earlier, Big Ben's QB coach tested positive but it was determined that their contact was minimal. Ben was allowed to play. Dez Bryant was pulled off the field right before game time when his test result came back positive but they claimed his contact with others was minimal and played the game.

The decisons to remove players but still play games or reinstate a player quickly just goes to show the power and influence of money in the NFL.

Football is my favorite sport to watch. That will not stop me from calling the NFL out on its BS. Health and safety should be paramount to playing the game. Money and championship trophies should be further down the line. :cool:

PD

Money and championship trophies should be further down the line. :cool:

The owners of NFL teams are in it for only these 2 reasons, even if they are fans, like Jerry and Dan.

True. The way the needle moves in every aspect of life when it comes to money is ridiculous. The NFL is just a microcosm of it.

In football related news, there are two (2) NFL games on Saturday evening. :2thu:

I believe the Bills and Packers respectively will emerge victorious. :cool:

PD

Wow! With one quarter left to play, the 0-13 Jets are jeopardizing their #1 draft pick and beating the 9-4 Rams 23-10.

I can't imagine that fans of either team will be happy if New York prevails.

Edit: LA closed the gap to 23-20, but the Jets are winless no more.

As they say: on any given Sunday...

Yep.

Best,

Geoff

...but the Jets are winless no more.

Even winning one game, I think the Jets strength of losing record will prevail and keep them in the running for the #1 draft pick. :laugh::cool:

PD

ProfD's team is still leading their Conference! AND The Buffalo Bills won their Division title for the first time in 25 years.

The Browns vs Steelers should be more interesting than we thought. Cleveland would declare a HOLIDAY if they win that game, second time around.

The Steelers stink and the Browns keep winning.

Even winning one game, I think the Jets strength of losing record will prevail and keep them in the running for the #1 draft pick. :laugh::cool:

Unless Jacksonville wins another game, I believe they hold the tiebreaker and will draft first.

I feel for Jets fans. My lifetime of hockey fandom has been filled with pain. Sometimes it feels like the sports gods are just taunting you.

Unless Jacksonville wins another game, I believe they hold the tiebreaker and will draft first.

I feel for Jets fans. My lifetime of hockey fandom has been filled with pain. Sometimes it feels like the sports gods are just taunting you.

Brotha Eric, you're right. Jacksonville holds the tiebreaker for worst record.

The Jets' record should have an * because their coaching staff stinks to high heaven.:laugh:

IMO, if the sports gods are responsible for idiot team owners, bad management and poor coaching decisions, they're definitely taunting us. :D

Otherwise, I think it's a matter of hiring the *right* people. Contrary to popular belief, not everyone is capable of managing a sh8thouse. It takes talent, skill and luck. :laugh::cool:

PD

What a Pathetic bunch of losers. Current score

Bengals 17

Steelers 0

Two Steelers fumbles.and an interception, 3 Scores by the Bengals.

Final Score

Bengels 27

Steelers 17

Put a fork in them, the Steelers are DONE.

They will lose the next 2 games and be one and done in the playoffs. Turn off the lights, the Party's over.

What a Pathetic bunch of losers.

Put a fork in them, the Steelers are DONE.

They will lose the next 2 games and be one and done in the playoffs. Turn off the lights, the Party's over.

Brotha Mike, I know it looks bleak especially losing to the Bungles. I believe there's still a chance the Steelers can rebound from this losing streak and be a threat in the playoffs. I wouldn't bet against Tomlin righting the ship. :cool:

PD

Brotha Profd

The Steelers can't be FIXED. Mike Tomlin SAW the complacency creeping into the Steelers locker room over a month ago. Both Indy and Clevland are playing for the Playoffs. Both of those teams are improving and the Steelers are failing. They are not getting the easy points from the defense as they were in the beginning of the season, and the offense Stinks. Some of the young players heads got way too big, like Johnson. He got upset because Mike Tomlin BENCHED him for dropping passes. In a interview with the Press he expressed his anger for being benched. Totally immature attitude. Ju Ju Smith Shuster does his TIK Tok dance on the home teams Logo before the game. A Bengals player told JU JU he was going to get him, even before the game started. The first pass that came his way, Ju Ju got creamed. The Steelers can't block, can't run, and Ben is telegraphing his passes.

The Steelers will not win another game this season. Its time for a total rebuild. Starting with Big Ben. If the Steelers keep him next season, it will cost them 41.5 million against the CAP. Sorry Ben, time to call it a career.

Don't worry about Mike Tomlin, he has the confidence of the Rooney family and the Pittsburgh Press.

The Steelers can't be FIXED...offense Stinks. Some of the young players heads got way too big...Ju Ju Smith Shuster does his TIK Tok dance on the home teams Logo before the game. The Steelers can't block, can't run, and Ben is telegraphing his passes.

The Steelers will not win another game this season. Its time for a total rebuild. Starting with Big Ben. If the Steelers keep him next season, it will cost them 41.5 million against the CAP. Sorry Ben, time to call it a career.

Don't worry about Mike Tomlin, he has the confidence of the Rooney family and the Pittsburgh Press.

The immaturity thing can be fixed. A couple years ago, the Steelers had a superstar WR who was a primadonna. He was allow to go on his merry way. The team is doing fine without him. :laugh:

i think the offenisve coordinator could do a better job of playcalling. The running game would be better if they commit to it instead of allowing Big Ben to throw the ball 40+ times. :rolleyes:

Big Ben is a HOF QB so I'd imagine the Steelers will pay that $41.5M until he decides to retire. I'm sure coach Tomlin is safe too. :cool:

PD

The Steelers have so many players that father time has caught up with, other players whose contracts are up, and key positions that need new blood. Its an OLD team. If the Steelers pay Ben 41.5 million on his last contract year, they are not going to have the money to sign other players. The Steelers have a good chance of a major league crash and burn The future doesn't look good.

Sad news:

Pass-rushing great, Hall of Famer Kevin Greene dead at 58

One of the greats. I was a fan, beginning with his stint with the Rams; and I was glad to see him get a Super Bowl ring as a coach for the Packers.

No cause of death was given. He may have been 58, but that's still too young to go.

Best,

Geoff

The Jets even suck at sucking.

I guess Jacksonville now knows who their starting quarterback will be next year.

Even on losing teams, good players still play to win. They are resume building to land on another team. :D

IMO, the only way a team can truly "tank" a season is to mandate that players give no effort and/or replace over-achieving players with under-performers at every position. :laugh:

I don't know that QB Sam Darnold is good enough to lead the Jets. I still remember him seeing ghosts last year.:laugh:

I do believe the Jets 1st priority needs to be getting rid of the coaching staff. The team appears to lack leadership at the top.

Of course, some believe having the #1 draft pick and building the team around a hot prospect QB makes the head coaching job more attractive.

Considering the change of fortunes for teams around the league, it takes more than a high draft pick QB to build a winning program.:cool:

PD

Keep in mind that I am a Steeler fan.

That AFC looks so competitive it's scary.

The Steelers are certainly capable of winning it all, but they need to get the running game going to have any chance.

The Ravens may be the 2nd best team there behind the Chiefs, and may not make the playoffs!!!

Cleveland has absolutely nothing to lose. Their playoff run should be interesting.

Buffalo looks scary to me. They adjust in the 2nd half (at least against Pittsburgh), and that QB I feel could be a star in the making.

KC is still the team to beat, but there are at least 4, maybe 5 teams that realistically have a good shot at them.

Now, to my Steeler fandom...

3 touchdowns in 10 minutes against the Colts. That was absolutely crazy! That's the Steelers we have been wanting for 5 games. Explosive! I still worry it's not gonna continue without a run game. Connor is NOT an every down back, and there isnt a lot of depth. They are definitely capable of winning the whole thing, but there are still things that need to be addressed.