Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: You can play the keys. But can you cook ?

• 2 years later...

Pulling this older thread up because I’m not sure how many of you guys know about the Kitchen Magic club that we have on MPN now for those of us who are into cooking. 

kitchen cooking GIF

There are more than a few killer recipes and tips already there….and we’re always looking for more! 😋

Do you guys even know that there’s now a CLUBS area on MPN?  :duck:  :idk:

dB

• Like 1

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

I think it's great that people can get into cooking. Living alone, personally I HATE it. It's roughly equivalent to having to do laundry or mow the yard. It's just another chore. And what makes it so bad is that unlike other chores you have to do it every freaking day.........God bless microwaves and gas grills. I'd damn near starve without that.

Oh man, you don't want to get me started - Here's a quick recipe for a cold summer soup:

Cut 1 LB. (±0.5 kilo) San Marzano tomatoes into large chunks; do the same to a large sweet onion. Tear up a fistful of fresh basil leaves. Put them all in a large saucepan and pour in enough chicken stock to cover and simmer until the veggies are soft. After the mixture has cooled a little, pulse in a food processor (DON'T puree - you want some little chunks). Add 3/4 cup heavy cream and chill. Serve topped with garlic croutons.

Enjoy!

8 hours ago, marino said:

I love to eat good food, but cook I can't.

I can do a few pasta sauces, but I usually don't.

Yes, my fellow Italians look at me suspiciously.

Had a similar problem with Soccer: 

When I lived in the US.  I am a terrible player.  People kept calling me to play thinking 'he's Brazilian, he's good at soccer'.   

Brazilians love to chit chat about soccer - I just don't care.  People look at me suspiciously, like I root for a team that is doing terribly, or I'm just antisocial. 

I'm a pretty good ice skater - a very typical Brazilian, tropical place sport.  

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

7 hours ago, S_Gould said:

Oh man, you don't want to get me started - Here's a quick recipe for a cold summer soup:

Cut 1 LB. (±0.5 kilo) San Marzano tomatoes into large chunks; do the same to a large sweet onion. Tear up a fistful of fresh basil leaves. Put them all in a large saucepan and pour in enough chicken stock to cover and simmer until the veggies are soft. After the mixture has cooled a little, pulse in a food processor (DON'T puree - you want some little chunks). Add 3/4 cup heavy cream and chill. Serve topped with garlic croutons.

Enjoy!

Actually, I DO want to get you started…but I was hoping you’d post this in the KITCHEN MAGIC club. :idea:

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk: