Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Organist Ricky Peterson setting question.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, that's enough. You guys are trying to put Sanborn into the same bag as Kenny G? Or sleepy smooth jazz played as background sounds in some aromatic spa? Seriously? Try this:

[video:youtube]

Snakes. This is one of his earliest and biggest hits. One thing I really like about his stuff is organ is all over it mostly with Ricky but there's a ton of vids with JoeyD too.

Can some of you geniuses in this thread write a piece of music like this?

Or this?

Hideaway. Yeah, sleep through this one.

One final one because it features Hiram Bullock doing an an amazing guitar bit, not just a solo, a whole show by himself. Unfortunately he died a few years ago.

Soul Seranade. This one starts off a little sleepy but give it time. It builds and builds and builds. In addition to Hiram, Ricky is awesome on this too.

Everybody has their opinions but go ahead and tell me how bad David Sanborn is. Badass is more like it.

Bob

Hammond SK1, Mojo 61, Kurzweil PC3, Korg Pa3x, Roland FA06, Band in a Box, Real Band, Studio One, too much stuff...

Hey IMR-Tee:

Not for nothing, but I go to the trouble of finding out the answer to your question, and not even an acknowledgement, or a thank you?

Really?

Jerry

Thank you.

PM coming, if interested.

You don't have ideas, ideas have you

We see the world, not as it is, but as we are. "One mans food is another mans poison". I defend your right to speak hate. Tolerance to a point, not agreement

• 3 months later...
This has gone on far too long. Here's your answer:

"Thats the synthesizer overdub that Marcus Miller and I did...One of the synths is definitely A Waldorf microwave and the other sound I believe is a D 50 patch midi-ed together.

And I believe that we did that at Marcuss studio in New Jersey.

Peace,Jason"

Gee, I figured this was just using both manuals on a B-3 -- configuring the drawbars differently, and adding the second sound for that part the OP was asking about. Seems kinda overly complicated adding an overdub, but there's no questioning the value, since it made such an impression!

It's not the gear, it's the player ... but hey, look -- new gear!

Wow. How did I miss this thread the first time around? Sanborn, Kenny G AND Jordan Peterson??

And how did no one point out that the sound in question is a Nord Lead?

Man, we are all slipping around here.

Endorsing Artist/Ambassador for MAG Organs and Motion Sound Amplifiers, Organ player for SRT - www.srtgroove.com

This has gone on far too long. Here's your answer:

"Thats the synthesizer overdub that Marcus Miller and I did...One of the synths is definitely A Waldorf microwave and the other sound I believe is a D 50 patch midi-ed together.

And I believe that we did that at Marcuss studio in New Jersey.

Peace,Jason"

Gee, I figured this was just using both manuals on a B-3 -- configuring the drawbars differently, and adding the second sound for that part the OP was asking about. Seems kinda overly complicated adding an overdub, but there's no questioning the value, since it made such an impression!

Yo, Joe to go,

Cool Avatar, quite literally.

Your explanation sounds feasible to me.

I notice you have a CX3 among your instruments list. I too have a 2005 CX3... I like it more than my 2013 dual manual Mojo, that Mitch Towne touted.

Problem with CX3 , Korg does not supply parts for it. If you know of anyone who is selling one, or who has parts etc.. that would be cool.

Thank you

We see the world, not as it is, but as we are. "One mans food is another mans poison". I defend your right to speak hate. Tolerance to a point, not agreement

Ok, that's enough. You guys are trying to put Sanborn into the same bag as Kenny G? Or sleepy smooth jazz played as background sounds in some aromatic spa?

Can some of you geniuses in this thread write a piece of music like this?

Or this?

Everybody has their opinions but go ahead and tell me how bad David Sanborn is. Badass is more like it.

Bob

I did not give Bob credit for these observations thank you ... yaaaa can any of you write or create tracks like these? I didn't think so.