Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

NAMM KC hang?

Dave Bryce

Who'll be there when? Is a hang possible?

I'm there the whole show, of course. Dinner is always challenging to pull off...but maybe a beverage hang either right after the show, or after dinner one night?

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RedKey Lounge Friday night (or Thursday or Saturday) is an option.

That would be cool. Saturday would be a considerably better day for me. I may be able to make Thursday happen, but not sure yet. I would need to get a hotel room at the last second.

I'm available Friday, but that doesn't seem like it's an option, with you and Dave having trouble with that day.

Actually, both Friday and Saturday are problematic for me. I would probably just be able to do a drive-by sort of thing those nights. Thursday is the only one I do not currently have commitments other than this.

I would actually really like to be able to have an extended hang with as many of the forum folk attending the show as possible this year.

As some of you know, here are things I've been trying to get done to fix/improve the forum. Y'all are the most valuable resource I have in that respect, and it would be really cool to be able to get feedback and insights from you guys on some of this stuff. The sit down we had at NAMM at the Red Key Lounge the year New Bay shut the forum down was really great...

..and, honestly, the earlier in the show I can get that feedback and insight, the more helpful it would probably be. :cool:

Sorry to be a bit cryptic...long story. Much will become clearer shortly. :)

dB

Thursday Night - RedKey Lounge

Homewood Suites @ 2010 S Harbor Blvd (5 minute walk from convention center)

You can come hang directly after the show closes at 6ish, but let's say 7pm start and I'm sure a bunch of us will be around all evening, so come when you can.

We've got a great patio with tables, seating , grills, and a pool.

Go through lobby, through indoor lounge, to pool area. Pretty obvious, but if not, ask the desk for directions to the pool.

If weather sucks, there's a ton of room w/ tables and seating just inside.

BYOB &/or I'll have an assortment of beers that you can throw a few $ to me towards.

I'll probably order pizzas from Marri's which has not disappointed in the past.

Maybe do the fresh burger thing again... we'll see.

All subject to minor changes of course.

Let me know who's in.

Actually, both Friday and Saturday are problematic for me. I would probably just be able to do a drive-by sort of thing those nights. Thursday is the only one I do not currently have commitments other than this.

I would actually really like to be able to have an extended hang with as many of the forum folk attending the show as possible this year.

As some of you know, here are things I've been trying to get done to fix/improve the forum. Y'all are the most valuable resource I have in that respect, and it would be really cool to be able to get feedback and insights from you guys on some of this stuff. The sit down we had at NAMM at the Red Key Lounge the year New Bay shut the forum down was really great...

..and, honestly, the earlier in the show I can get that feedback and insight, the more helpful it would probably be. :cool:

Sorry to be a bit cryptic...long story. Much will become clearer shortly. :)

dB

Wanna have me join by FaceTime? ;) Sorry I won't be there.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Thursday Night - RedKey Lounge

Homewood Suites @ 2010 S Harbor Blvd (5 minute walk from convention center)

You can come hang directly after the show closes at 6ish, but let's say 7pm start and I'm sure a bunch of us will be around all evening, so come when you can.

Let me know who's in.

In. :cool::wave:

dB

I have an annual dinner thing on Thursday, but if youre hanging for a while Id love to stop by. Ill try to bring a few other dinosaurs with me if thats OK.

OMM? If so, that'd be awesome. :cool:

dB

OMOM to be accurate... yup. Cool, well do our best.

Jerry

• 4 weeks later...
I cannot make it on Thursday night unfortunately.

Ditto here. Maybe we can have an alternate hang on Friday night for those of us who can't do Thursday (or who can do both)?

Also, I have an old friend who works for Disneyland, she told me that she can get me and up to two other friends into Disney's California Adventure theme park (across the street from the convention center) for free ($124/ticket value)! This doesn't have to be on Friday, it can be Sat or Sun (preferred), I just have to let her know in advance. If anyone's interested, let me know.

Archived