Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

i Can't Switch Pages

Markyboard

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting. I just got the same error message when I tried to log on. I then clicked the back button. Now I am logged on.

So something screwy is going on, but I am able to access the forum.

J.S. Bach Well Tempered Klavier

The collected works of Scott Joplin

Ray Charles Genius plus Soul

Charlie Parker Omnibook

Stevie Wonder Songs in the Key of Life

Weather Report Mr. Gone

Sorry to be the one that's constantly ringing the alarm bells, but I think mysterious outages point to some kind of server failure, which makes it increasingly important to start making regular backups of the forum IMO.

If it's not possible on the server admin side for some reason, I volunteer to write a script that downloads and saves each and every page of each and every thread ever. I can put in a few seconds delay between each download, so that the server is not overworked.

I would really hate to lose this insanely valuable treasure trove of knowledge.

Life is subtractive.
Genres: Jazz, funk, pop, Christian worship, BebHop
Wishlist: 80s-ish (synth)pop, symph pop, prog rock, fusion, musical theatre
Gear: NS2 + JUNO-G. KingKORG. SP6 at church.

Sorry to be the one that's constantly ringing the alarm bells, but I think mysterious outages point to some kind of server failure, which makes it increasingly important to start making regular backups of the forum IMO.

It's not mysterious. The C Drive was full.

FWIW, there are regular backups of the forum.

If it's not possible on the server admin side for some reason, I volunteer to write a script that downloads and saves each and every page of each and every thread ever. I can put in a few seconds delay between each download, so that the server is not overworked.

That's not the problem.

We have someone watching over the forum who is fully capable of doing stuff like that - that's how the C Drive got cleaned up. It's more about the access.

I assure you that you are not the only one. :idea:

Remember, I started this forum almost 20 years ago, and have been watching over it pretty much every day since. I'm a bit protective of it myself. ;)

We're actually as on this as is humanly possible. :thu:

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Yep appears to be some issues with the forums. If I try to access main forum page I get this

It would probably be best to edit your post and delete the error message. I know someone else who posted a similar-looking error message and was asked to delete it. Apparently it's possible for malicious hackers to use such messages to get information that could be used to hack a site. I don't know if this particular message might contain anything that could be abused in that way, but it's better to be safe than sorry and remove it. It's probably best to just send such messages to a site administrator in a PM rather than posting it publicly.

Michael Rideout

It would probably be best to edit your post and delete the error message. I know someone else who posted a similar-looking error message and was asked to delete it. Apparently it's possible for malicious hackers to use such messages to get information that could be used to hack a site. I don't know if this particular message might contain anything that could be abused in that way, but it's better to be safe than sorry and remove it. It's probably best to just send such messages to a site administrator in a PM rather than posting it publicly.

Good tip! Better safe than sorry...

I edited it. Thanks.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Amen, brother. :cheers:

Or post count, cuz that's so important. :rolleyes:

http://bluefunk.rocks/KCAvatars/PostCount.png

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Never had an issue yet like that. Firefox, Mac OS High Sierra. I did get a similar code a few days ago when trying to access the site, but only once and that's it. I found it's best to PM Jim Quinn with site errors if you can.

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

Can someone tell me if Mac is better than PC and which on stage monitor works best or should I get IEMs?

Easy. Linux Raspberry Pi and a set of these: Audeze LCD-4

image.png

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

What happened to Griffinator?

And what's the real identity of Sam CA?

Finally, can someone please score me a pass to NAMM? I heard it is open to the public or maybe not.

:wave:

I can get you a NAMM pass if you mean the National Association of MuMu Manufacturers. Griffinator is Steve Wonder, true story.

What happened to Griffinator?

And what's the real identity of Sam CA?

Finally, can someone please score me a pass to NAMM? I heard it is open to the public or maybe not.

I can get you a NAMM pass if you mean the National Association of MuMu Manufacturers. Griffinator is Steve Wonder, true story.

Thanks for the offer. I am a Diamond Sponsor for the National Association of MuMu Manufacturers trade show. I cannot wait to attend.

And Steve Wonder is just a coincidental name or is it the Steve Wonder aka Stevie?

Archived