Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Prince...............

.......is the frikkin' man!! Anyone see him on MTV tonight? What a band! A fine girlie bass player with skillz to boot! The drummer was off the hook! Horn section was off the heezie! For all the haters, Prince has total command of his instrument as was proven during an unplugged segment! A true artist and musician to say the least!
www.myspace.com/thefunkfather

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well DWBass looks like we both had the same idea!

Rhonda Smith is fine and she can play!

RobT

Famous Musical Quotes: "I would rather play Chiquita Banana and have my swimming pool than play Bach and starve" - Xavier Cugat

I missed the show, btu I did get Musicology when it dropped last week.

To say that the entire CD is a lesson on musicianship (even when he was the only one!) and songwriting is an understatement. He came back and put his royal purple foot in the ass of some of these young "musicians", producers and songwriters...

What show was he on so I can catch one of the 50,000,000 replays?

Yamaha (Motif XS7, Motif 6, TX81Z), Korg (R3, Triton-R), Roland (XP-30, D-50, Juno 6, P-330). Novation A Station, Arturia Analog Experience Factory 32

Originally posted by MusicWorkz:

To say that the entire CD is a lesson on musicianship (even when he was the only one!) and songwriting is an understatement. He came back and put his royal purple foot in the ass of some of these young "musicians", producers and songwriters...

He was on MTV. I'm sure it will air again so check the listings.

Yo, regarding your sig, you may want to change it as mp3.com no longer exists.

Originally posted by DWBass:

Originally posted by MusicWorkz:

He was on MTV. I'm sure it will air again so check the listings.

Yo, regarding your sig, you may want to change it as mp3.com no longer exists.

Thanks for the reminder... I haven't been around to do so, but I will take care of it.

Yamaha (Motif XS7, Motif 6, TX81Z), Korg (R3, Triton-R), Roland (XP-30, D-50, Juno 6, P-330). Novation A Station, Arturia Analog Experience Factory 32

Skillz? With a "Z"?

Off the hook?

Off the HEEZIE?

What's that in ENGLISH?? I'm thinking it's positive. But Prince does, when he gets that "symbol" shit off his mind(or any other presumtions he feels he needs), have the goods!

Whitefang

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

Fo schizzle......I meant to catch that Prince thing and TIVO it, as it was simulcast on several stations. I'll search and see if I can grab it later.

The Musicology CD is tight.The best thing about it 'All Instruments and Voices by Prince " on most tracks....

I had a rough night tonight...watch the greatness of the one and only Prince or the greatness of the one and only Kobe Bryant? Well, I chose Prince and it was the right choice but man I sure wish I'd gotten to see the performance Kobe apparently put on in the 3rd quarter tonight...at least I got to see the first half.

That sure was a pretty purple Taylor Prince was playing.

His vocal performance on "Dear Mr. Man" was fantastic...I wish they'd shown the whole concert...a half hour just isn't enough for a music show.

Woo-hoo! I can't wait to catch the next airing. I caught the beginning tonight, but had to jet. Luckily I just got my DVD recorder hooked up, so it will be primed and ready to capture it!

The CD is great! P is DA MAN!!!

Peace

If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking 'til you do suck seed!

The funkiest, purplist jehovah's witness ever!

Has anyone ever had him knock on their door trying to convert them?

"Hey, while your telling me all this religion shit, do you mind if we jam?"

:D

"That's what the internet is for. Slandering others anonymously." - Banky Edwards.

Originally posted by DWBass:

.......is the frikkin' man!! Anyone see him on MTV tonight? What a band! A fine girlie bass player with skillz to boot! The drummer was off the hook! Horn section was off the heezie! For all the haters, Prince has total command of his instrument as was proven during an unplugged segment! A true artist and musician to say the least!

I respect him very much as a musician. I just hate his falsetto.
I am back.

Originally posted by bigswole31:

Is he really a Jehovah's Witness, or are you making that up? Just curious. Links?

Yep. He converted a few years ago. BTW: so's Micheal Jackson :P

RobT

Famous Musical Quotes: "I would rather play Chiquita Banana and have my swimming pool than play Bach and starve" - Xavier Cugat

That was a kick-ass performance, and Im no big Prince fan (well, I am now). I especially liked the unplugged segment. That cat can really play the guitar. It was obvious that Hendrix was his main influence as all of his chords and phrasing were 100% Hendrix.

He's been burning up TV land recently (I've seen him on at least 5 shows in the past month or so & I don't even get cable!).

Prince is still great & the drummer in the current NPG is definitely k-swanging but my money goes for that Scandanavian dolly playing sax (Candi Something-or-other)---to quote Capt. Beefheart, "She's sho' sumpin'!"

BTW, isn't that Music College, G? :rolleyes:

So tell me true- did they squash this CD? Do we have dynamic range, or what?

I find myself irresistably drawn to all Prince threads... it's been a long time, but I got to hear his new stuff.

A WOP BOP A LU BOP, A LOP BAM BOOM!

"There is nothing I regret so much as my good behavior. What demon possessed me that I behaved so well?" -Henry David Thoreau

Is he really a Jehovah's Witness, or are you making that up? Just curious. Links?

It's true! He just dropped a copy of the Watchtower off at my place a couple of days ago! :thu:

Seriously, I thought he was a Seventh Day Adventist, but that shows what I know.

I miss the show. But I love Prince. He is nothing short of a true genius. He lives and breathes music!

Super 8

Hear my stuff here

I saw it...VH1

He's the MANG, MANG!!!

I'm not like the bigest fan but, dude, he's teaching almost everybody how it's done!!!

He's come to clean up town and kick out the wannabe's. Name any instrument in his frigging studio and I betcha he will wipe the floor with you.

Don't care if he's a witness for anybody, as long as he rocks this stupid industry of all the maggets and leeches off of it.

Let's remember that this is the guy that chose to give the finger to "the Machine" for a decade. He stood up for all of us, you and me.

Does today's youth need a hero?

You've got it!

(P.S. Sorry if it got wierd, the guy inspires me, what can I say!)

Originally posted by george costanza:

He's been burning up TV land recently (I've seen him on at least 5 shows in the past month or so & I don't even get cable!).

Prince is still great & the drummer in the current NPG is definitely k-swanging but my money goes for that Scandanavian dolly playing sax (Candi Something-or-other)---to quote Capt. Beefheart, "She's sho' sumpin'!"

BTW, isn't that Music College, G? :rolleyes:

She is tight, huh? Kcbass

Candy Dulfer

"Let It Be!"

He says he is...I have to say as a longtime fan I find it very disappointing. I'm hoping it's just some kind of stunt...er, haha...no I'm not...that would be terrible...haha.

Well, unfortunately it seems that he is a Jehovah's Witness which means he is totally out to lunch ;) ...but he's still a great, great music maker.

(copying my post from the other Prince thread)

Caught the replay, Oh my what sweet goodness that was. Loved how he explained the song origins and stories of learning how to play guitar in each song from the unplugged set.

Also was it me, or did he have that audience mezmorized and completely tuned into his slightest gesture to sing along? Good stuff!

TROLL . . . ish.

I'm in love with his bass player,I mean I'm

really in love with his bass player.Funky sexy

what else could you ask for in a bass player.

:love::love::love:

Oh! Prince he's just ok :eek: ........just kiddin

he da man :cool:

The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.

Originally posted by DARKLAVA:

I'm in love with his bass player,I mean I'm

really in love with his bass player.Funky sexy

what else could you ask for in a bass player.

:love::love::love:

Oh! Prince he's just ok :eek: ........just kiddin

he da man :cool:

http://www.rhondasmith.com/images/photos/rhonda-09.jpg Yeah, I'm witcha on this one dogg!!

Archived