Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

just, y'know for pure kix

d  halfnote

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Posted the OP before I fully checked the track but sat in stunned, eh, stunnedness.

Haven't tracked down all the info but I hear this as one of JH's best versions of this song w/great interaction from Mitchell & the bass, which I suspect may be JH himself (it's a bit more crisply on the beat than Cox usually was :idk ).

Caev's accurate assessment above aside :rawk::2thu: , lemme direct the listener's attention to the intro, the extended cadenza of the outro &, w/in the solo, 2:24~2:50 (where a knot of notes twirls into a particularly tricky fast line ending in a bit of chromaticism) & 3:00~3:35 (where a similar, if completely different :rolleyes: , display occurs.

As someone commented to me when I played 'em this, "Dang !"

-------------------

As fer KIXX, thanks, DanZ ! :thu:

Unaware of them cats previously but glad there was (is?) somebody triangulatin' that sweet spot between Slade/CheepTrix/PaulRevere (love that choreographed kneedrop @ 4:00 :w00t:).

The Satriani-lookalike gtr brat cat got me w/that Bo DiddleDiddleDiddle lick [2:38~2:45] & the octave jump riff that immediately followed.

:rawk:

d=halfnote

I guess yer right---but it's here for 2 reasons: homage to the composer & just for kix ! :roll:

Hey, still a kick ass version. Always happy to hear it!

Agreed on all counts. :cool:

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

As may be suspected, this needn't be Strictly Jimi.

Turnin' some pages, here's Rockin' Johnny & His Pals kicking up some dust abt kicks.

Fans can dial up Clapton's solos @ 1:35~1:55 & 2:20~2:37, though that'll hardly be worth the effort; his neatest licks---all rockabilly style--- are during the verse before the 1st solo, although it's kinda interesting how he matches Lennon's gtr vamping at the end of the 2nd solo (2:31~2:37)

[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuEMdfwmQTM

As may be suspected, this needn't be Strictly Jimi but for those who wonder how I'd tie this thread together here's Mr JMH laying some kickin' licks

[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUYXZNaEaJA

d=halfnote

Hey, PMan, thanks---that's a nice poppy track...nice vocals!

Here's a version that begs the Q. "Where's the KB & horns ?"

[video:youtube]

THEN CHK WHAT HAPPENED WHEN I LET YT PLAY ON !! :puff::pop:

[video:youtube]

d=halfnote

Archived