Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

NP (Pickups)D

Fred_C

Picked up my Ibanez AF 125 Custom from my guitar tech this afternoon with the Bartolini "Jazz Pair" installed. Came home and plugged her in. WOW!!! They are a vast improvement over the stock "Super 58 Customs". I always have a difficult time describing tone. I can't seem to put into words what my ears are hearing. Definition and clarity are both very much improved. The guitar now produces a "thunk" tone very reminiscent of the tone of an ES175. The sound exemplifies the stated design goals

The PBF-55 is well suited for both Jazz and Rock.

The Jazz Guitar Pair the PBF-55 neck and PBF-57 bridge provide the same focused lows of the Vintage Pair, but with a softer, more rounded, warmer, more diffuse attack. The 55 and 57 pair is highly recommended for Jazz and Jazz/Rock applications, or for smoothing out the harshness of some heavier solid bodies.

I am thrilled with the upgrade! It has also enabled me to get my GAS satisfied (at least temporarily).

If you play cool, you are cool.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That is fantastic news Brother Fred! I think the groom has a new sophisticated lady! I'm guilty for taking such pleasure in your success! I'm glad you went with the pair and I hope you play around with blending the two when you feel like experimenting! Now, I'll get out of the way so you can start having fun! :thu:
Take care, Larryz

Yeah baby! as mentioned in another thread, I installed a Bartolini set in my electric-the PBF-55 for neck and SB-D01 for bridge. HUGE tone and crystal clarity. The originals were not bad but these are far beyond.

Actually, let me check that bridge model. The 77D is the high output model but I went with the recommended balanced set.

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:

www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

Yeah baby! as mentioned in another thread, I installed a Bartolini set in my electric-the PBF-55 for neck and SB-D01 for bridge. HUGE tone and crystal clarity.

@Skip,

I have the PBF 55 neck pickup as well As I've mentioned in the past, I tend to play the neck pickup alone, so my tonal perceptions are based on that fac. I agree that the tone is HUGE with incredible clarity and definition, When playing chords, each note in the chord can be heard clearly and distinctly. Single note lines have "bloom" and a warm "liquidity", Just delicious.

I am very pleased and feel like I just bought a new guitar for an expenditure of $250 rather than $1500-3,000.

If you play cool, you are cool.

...the tone is HUGE with incredible clarity and definition. When playing chords, each note in the chord can be heard clearly and distinctly, Single note lines have "bloom" and a warm "liquidity", Just delicious.

I am very pleased and feel like I just bought a new guitar for an expenditure of $250 rather than $1500-3,000.

Glad to hear it!

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Archived