Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

61 vs 76 vs 88 keys pricing

Doberfort

Someone recently posted that the 88 key version of the flagship lines are by far the biggest seller.

If this is true, then the question is why the 76 and 61 key versions aren't discounted further relative the the 88 key price, instead of the reverse. It would imply that the base price is set by the 88 key market and 76 and 61 key users are getting ripped off using the logic being set forth.

J  a  z  z   P i a n o 8 8

--

Yamaha C7D

Montage M8x | CP300 | CP4 | SK1-73 | OB6 | Seven

K8.2 | 3300 | CPSv.3

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No one is expecting your to bring a synth action workstation for jazz trio work.

You don't say? :)

[video:youtube]

Nice Reezekeys!! I love that!

J  a  z  z   P i a n o 8 8

--

Yamaha C7D

Montage M8x | CP300 | CP4 | SK1-73 | OB6 | Seven

K8.2 | 3300 | CPSv.3

No one is expecting your to bring a synth action workstation for jazz trio work.

Nice Reezekeys!! I love that!

Thanks for the kind words, unfortunately this gig is done... replaced by ladies night with a DJ. The crowd noise might be a clue as to where things were headed! I think it was Frank Zappa who called jazz "the music of unemployment." :)

I've been playing a 61-key instrument since 1989 - the year we moved to a 3rd-floor walkup apartment. The KX88 (100 lbs in its case) went in my studio and stayed there!

NO NO NO NO NO... clearly you're not getting the point. If you were playing a $25,000 Vintage Vibe restored Mark VXXMII with Fulcrum speakers and Bosendorfer wedges, you would have huge adoring crowds, groupies would be rushing the stage and venue owners would be offering up cash bonuses and expensive perks.

SERIOUSLY, thank you for providing a skillfully demonstrated anti-GAS message, and further evidence that it's the artist, not the brush!

Thanks, much appreciated. In the end it's about whatever works for the player. I'm happy with my stuff, but my choices were made as much out of necessity as preferences. Not to mention that it was a lot easier to adjust to an unweighted keyboard since I hardly ever played a real piano!

Archived