Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

How many guitarists does it take...

picker

Q: How many guitarists does it take to change a lightbulb on Facebook?

- 3 to instantly claim it's a just another tubecreamer;

- 1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed;

- 14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently;

- 7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs;

- 6 to argue over whether it's 'lightbulb' or 'light bulb';

- Another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid;

- 2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is 'lamp';

- 15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that 'light bulb' is perfectly correct;

- 19 to post that this page is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a light bulb page;

- 11 to defend the posting to this page saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant here;

- 36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty;

- 5 People to post pics of their own light bulbs;

- 15 people to complain about other people being; judgemental for the way in which they change their light bulbs;

- 7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs;

- 4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's;

- 13 to comment "Me too";

- 4 claiming it's a clone of another bulb;

- 87 asking if parts are NOS;

- 9 claiming to only change a lightbulb if replacement is made in USA;

- 5 to post to the page that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy;

- 4 to say "Didn't we go through this already a short time ago?";

- 13 to say "Do a search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs";

- 1 to bring politics into the discussion by adding that (insert politician of choice) isn't the brightest bulb;

- 4 more to get into personal attacks over their political views;

- 5 people to get sidetracked on a discussion about pedals and amps and how the only reason we need light bulbs is that we can see them to play them;

- 1973 people to post that they could have changed the bulb faster, with better technique and with more feeling than the OP did; and

- 1 admin to ban the light bulb posters for inserting political discussion and close the thread.

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haahh! :D

Q: How many guitarists does it take to change a lightbulb on Facebook?

- 3 to instantly claim it's a just another tubecreamer;

- 1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed;

- 14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently;

- 7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs;

- 6 to argue over whether it's 'lightbulb' or 'light bulb';

- Another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid;

- 2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is 'lamp';

- 15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that 'light bulb' is perfectly correct;

- 19 to post that this page is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a light bulb page;

- 11 to defend the posting to this page saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant here;

- 36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty;

- 5 People to post pics of their own light bulbs;

- 15 people to complain about other people being; judgemental for the way in which they change their light bulbs;

- 7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs;

- 4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's;

- 13 to comment "Me too";

- 4 claiming it's a clone of another bulb;

- 87 asking if parts are NOS;

- 9 claiming to only change a lightbulb if replacement is made in USA;

- 5 to post to the page that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy;

- 4 to say "Didn't we go through this already a short time ago?";

- 13 to say "Do a search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs";

- 1 to bring politics into the discussion by adding that (insert politician of choice) isn't the brightest bulb;

- 4 more to get into personal attacks over their political views;

- 5 people to get sidetracked on a discussion about pedals and amps and how the only reason we need light bulbs is that we can see them to play them;

- 1973 people to post that they could have changed the bulb faster, with better technique and with more feeling than the OP did; and

- 1 admin to ban the light bulb posters for inserting political discussion and close the thread.

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

And wouldn't some also argue that whether or not the bulb is one of those spiral shaped florescent bulbs, or LED might make a difference?

Or also it might depend on whether or not it goes in a ceiling fixture or table lamp? Or if they're right-handed or left-handed guitarists? And seeing as to how it's "dweebbook", wouldn't others go off track and just post pics of their "favorite" light bulbs instead? ;)

Whitefang

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

On Facebook it depends on the definition of a light bulb...for example if someone posts they planted a "light" bulb in their garden, the FB definition quickly becomes a new species of flower thus it would take only one person to change it;however if another posts they noticed a lamp on a 40 foot pole was no longer producing light and they called the local Electric utility to change out the "light bulb", the Electric company would dispatch a group of 6 to change it. 1 supervisor, 1 driver, 1 bucket truck operator, 2 electricians and one safety inspector.

I don't think it matters JuJu. However, I notice a lot of bulbs I buy these days are made in Mexico. So maybe we have to determine whether or not those are changed by those guys who use MIM Strats. ;)

Whitefang

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

Archived