Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

More OT: What Forum person do you most abbreviate?

xKnuckles

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I get abbreviated often and it's because my name is really stupid. It started as an inside joke between me and a drummer who isn't even on this forum. I might change it but if I do, will people remember me?

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

Gotta be JoDon, burp, ooops I mean Mister JDan, master of all yoonuiverses. Now that guy inspires more trafic I like than Doctor Judy.... Hic... I mean Misses Judiee Manners.

But sometimes it does get's confusin wif DanJ, DanL, JBob, BobJ, MWelbyMD, et cet rah.

Ohhh wheel. Carry one.....

J  a  z  z   P i a n o 8 8

--

Yamaha C7D

Montage M8x | CP300 | CP4 | SK1-73 | OB6 | Seven

K8.2 | 3300 | CPSv.3

I abbreviate a lot of Theo's posts...into "WTF" LOL

Hammond: L111, M100, M3, BC, CV, Franken CV, A100, D152, C3, B3

Leslie: 710, 760, 51C, 147, 145, 122, 22H, 31H

Yamaha: CP4, DGX-620, DX7II-FD-E!, PF85, DX9

Roland: VR-09, RD-800

IMRT.....which is ironic since he is the antithesis of 'abreviated' :).

Legend Exp,NC2x,Crumar Seven,KeyB Duo MK111,Nord C1,Nord C2D,Triton Classic,Fantom G7,Motif ES,SonicCell,BK7m,PA1x pro,VP770,TC Helicon,Leslie 3300,MS Pro145,EV SXA250(2),Traynor K4,PK7a,A70,DM10 Pro.

And then there are forum members who aren't abbreviated, but occasionally inebriated.

svfgi.jpg

LOL!! I considered using "inebriate" in my initial post, but felt unqualified to do so as I have not yet been able to attend one of the mysterious red lounge ceremonies at NAMM...... :D

"Turn your fingers into a dust rag and keep them keys clean!" ;) Bluzeyone

I like that no one actually abbreviates my user name here. On the Discord where we are doing the video site development, I am "Awesome Insanity Surfers" and they will usually @ me with AIS.

Then someone got the smartie idea to change it to Awesome *Sanity* Surfers", or ASS.

Ha ha!

:)

This could be approached multiple ways:

1) Most OFTEN abbreviated...like you ALWAYS use the abbreviation. Dave Bryce would probably qualify since almost everybody ALWAYS just says DB.

2) Most ABBREVIATED - as in, the longest online name reduced to the fewest characters. I'm thinking "is there gas in the car".....reduced to ITGITC....or even shorter.....Tom. Hmmm.

3) Then, maybe you abbreviate their posts. Theo and IMRT have to lead this category since they both post long posts in different ways, that ultimately end up getting boiled down to something pretty short.....

IMRT example:

Please help me with this.....It's been a while I've tried this and that.....I keep having all these experiences......I tried ABC and XYZ.....I kind of like this and kind of like that, don't like this other thing.....by the way once upon a time...(story).....but anyway, can you help me?

next step - pages of Q&A, anecdotes, experience, until finally we figure out that the original question was:

What's the difference between the PC88 action and the CP5?

(No disrespect John, I HEAVILY embellished at your expense for comic relief - better to beg forgiveness than ask permission)

The THEO example:

The issues with piano samples are the result of corporate driven neo Nazi unethical horrible pop people who have no basic high school advanced engineering and differential equations knowledge.....nothing's interesting.....musicians should use advanced physics, math and engineering because nothing is interesting.....sampling errors.....Fourier.....more fourier....DAC's suck and have horrible errors....Lexicon, Lexicon, Lexicon, Lexicon, Lexicon, Lexicon.

The message heard by the forum: I'm smart, you're not, sounds suck, somebody smart needs to fix our crappy sounds. (but not me other than my occasional videos)

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Archived