Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Favorite Mojo organ engine

Delaware Dave

Lately I've been using B3 1956 *MT. Thanks Mitch!

Even after the release of the internal sim update I'm still using the Vent. I hear some sort of artifact when the internal sim is on fast. It doesn't sound pure like my Leslie 145 or the Vent 2.

I can't find the trim function. Perhaps that's because I have a PC-based dual-manual Mojo?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi Al, I believe right after the Generator selections you'll find the drawbar adjustments; just dial down what suits you. My fav Gens are the default, 65 b3, and Mitch's as well. I go back and forth. And like you, I stay with the Vent, it just really brings out all the Mojo goodness; really like using a cabinet and brings the organ out front if you know what I mean. Best, Joe G.

I do find that the new sim on the Gemini does have a slightly funny pitch as the leslie is winding up from slow to fast. Once it gets to top speed the pitch seems to normalize. I wish the overdrive were addressed; the Vent wins hands down. If the Gemini's overdrive were close to the Vent then I would have no need for the Vent but the overdrive differences are still significantly different.

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

Lately I've been using B3 1956 *MT. Thanks Mitch!

I use this engine most often, but also really like the MT A-100. Using the MojoEditor it's very easy to switch between them.

Even after the release of the internal sim update I'm still using the Vent.

like you,(Al), I stay with the Vent, it just really brings out all the Mojo goodness; really like using a cabinet and brings the organ out front if you know what I mean.

I was very high on the sim update when it first was released, still think it is very, very, good. I'm using a Vent II as well, however, because, well, everything sound better through a Vent. ;)

I need all the help I can get as I'm no where near as talented as these 2 cats from Long Island. :)

:nopity:

In the Mojo Editor, the 2nd column is entitled Drawbar Trimming. Move the sliders, see what they do.

I've used a few different tonewheel sets and lately settled in with the default VB3, but with a boost setting and some other tweaks to make it my favourite building block.

Here for the gear.

Since I dont have the Mojo Editor Im using an external monitor and trackball to tweak parameters. I dont see Drawbar Trimming but the Matching Transformers seem to do the same thing. I made some adjustments to tame the top octave.

Dave, thanks for the kind words :)

Since I dont have the Mojo Editor Im using an external monitor and trackball to tweak parameters. I dont see Drawbar Trimming but the Matching Transformers seem to do the same thing. I made some adjustments to tame the top octave.

Al... I wasn't aware the Editor was exclusively for the 61. But whatever gets you through the night, is all right, etc.

Cheers.

Here for the gear.

Al... I wasn't aware the Editor was exclusively for the 61. But whatever gets you through the night, is all right, etc.

Cheers.

Rod, there is a hardware editor for the Mojo dual manual keyboard called MojoEditor, obviously different from using the editor app for the Mojo 61.

Al, you would still need to do what you are doing the way you are doing it even if you had the MojoEditor, those paramaters are not available otherwise.

The MojoEditor is good for switching engines once you have them dialed in, adjusting volume for the EP's, and resetting to default settings. That's about it, but it does those things well.

:nopity:

Archived