Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Behringer "working on 20 synths, drum machines etc."

DulceLabs.com

From another forum:

We have 4 synthesizer development teams simultaneously working on 20 synths, drum machines etc..

We'll be creating both innovative new synths as well as reviving classics. We're all in and the teams are on fire.

Exciting times!

Uli

Will be very interesting to see what they come up with and the affect it will have on the overall synth market.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will said market oversaturate at some point? I'm really glad to see all the old companies coming out with more and more market-satisfying products and innovation, and all the new companies as well but the question arises:

Who will buy all this stuff?

Life is subtractive.
Genres: Jazz, funk, pop, Christian worship, BebHop
Wishlist: 80s-ish (synth)pop, symph pop, prog rock, fusion, musical theatre
Gear: NS2 + JUNO-G. KingKORG. SP6 at church.

Will said market oversaturate at some point? I'm really glad to see all the old companies coming out with more and more market-satisfying products and innovation, and all the new companies as well but the question arises:

Who will buy all this stuff?

In my experience, synth owners are like gun owners: You either have 2-3 or you have a dozen plus (and keep collecting.).

One interesting thing that's feeding this is the iPad synth & computer scene. Softsynths are a gateway drug to the hard(ware) stuff.

My *personal* market is certainly oversaturated and not due to lack of interest, but due to pragmatism, born from many years of sweat and swing-and-a-miss purchases. Once I fully comprehended what *I* wanted to do, what any given toy could do took its proper place behind gauging how much it could help me ring the right bells in my *process.* I can easily grok DulceLabs' view; I simply found hardware to be the gateway to softsynths. I had my day playing live and wowing a few crowds with Moog-y solos and the like. Without that, I couldn't rock my Mac today!

So. I love the mind-broadening range of players on here. Like seeing George Duke live, once with Zappa and once in a jazz trio with Stanley Clarke and Billy Cobham, each added 'input module' of experience keeps upping my game. If I was 20 now, I'd work towards a DeepMind-12 as my system's central controller. Instead, I'm giddily sitting in front of a mini-universe. My, what a difference 30 years of endless technological and musical growth can make. :roll:

"You seem pretty calm about all that."
 "Well, inside, I'm screaming.
    ~ "The Lazarus Project"

Well said. My quest for the "right keyboard" is very similar to my wife's quest for the perfect pocket book. Difference - my instruments are not filling up the closet :mad:
I had the blues so I started playing. Now everyone around me has the blues.

I think a lot of these could end up as inexpensive Eurorack modules. Uli has expressed an interest in the format - perhaps even offering Eurorack cases with common power supplies as well.

It sounds like an integrated approach to the whole thing - rather than just tossing a bunch of unrelated products out there for us to sort through.

Dooney & Burke?

(She happily reminded me that I brought in less money playing gigs this past year than she spent on handbags ... sheesh)

Hardware:
Yamaha
: MODX7 | Korg: Kronos 88, Wavestate | ASM: Hydrasynth Deluxe | Roland: Jupiter-Xm, Cloud Pro, TD-9K V-Drums | Alesis: StrikePad Pro|
Behringer: Crave, Poly D, XR-18, RX1602 | CPS: SpaceStation SSv2 | 
Controllers: ROLI RISE 49 | Arturia KeyLab Essentials 88, KeyLab 61, MiniLab | M-Audio KeyStation 88 & 49 | Akai EWI USB |
Novation LaunchPad Mini, |
Guitars & Such: Line 6 Variax, Helix LT, POD X3 Live, Martin Acoustic, DG Strat Copy, LP Sunburst Copy, Natural Tele Copy|
Squier Precision 5-String Bass | Mandolin | Banjo | Ukulele

Software:
Recording
: MacBook Pro | Mac Mini | Logic Pro X | Mainstage | Cubase Pro 12 | Ableton Live 11 | Monitors: M-Audio BX8 | Presonus Eris 3.5BT Monitors | Slate Digital VSX Headphones & ML-1 Mic | Behringer XR-18 & RX1602 Mixers | Beyerdynamics DT-770 & DT-240
Arturia: V-Collection 9 | Native Instruments: Komplete 1 Standard | Spectrasonics: Omnisphere 2, Keyscape, Trilian | Korg: Legacy Collection 4 | Roland: Cloud Pro | GForce: Most all of their plugins | u-he: Diva, Hive 2, Repro, Zebra Legacy | AAS: Most of their VSTs |
IK Multimedia: SampleTank 4 Max, Sonik Synth, MODO Drums & Bass | Cherry Audio: Most of their VSTs |

Wanta bet?

Tell me about it. My wife has a penchant for Dior handbags.

Busch.

Louis Vuitton is my wife's brand. I wish they only cost as much as a Kronos. :facepalm:

You can't make music or earn a living with a pocketbook. :crazy:

Yeah well I can't do either of those with a keyboard either, so... :blush:

Now there lies our problem. I just sent a message to ol' Loui and Christian to consider making keyboards so our wives would appreciate us. Wow, talk about getting off topic. While I am waiting to hear back I will Velcro my QuNexus to a pocketbook with my iPad inside. The Pockeyboard (patent pending) is born. You would have to put it over your right shoulder and Velcro it to your pant leg and play with your right hand. Warning - don't walk too fast until you practice a lot.
I had the blues so I started playing. Now everyone around me has the blues.

I just sent a message to ol' Loui and Christian to consider making keyboards

Perhaps they can begin by making a custom leather case for the DM12... starting at $7,000. :laugh:

When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.

If Behringer is planning on doing more in the eurorack space it would be great if they put out a more reasonably priced version of this. Use the DP12 keyboard and wheels.

http://www.waldorf-music.info/images/kb37/KB37_complete.png

Busch.

The wonderful insanity coming out of Behringer continues.

In the works, at least potentially: Oberheim OB-Xa, ARP 2600 and OSCar.

Regarding the Oberheim.

"We just received the first batch of our 3340 VCO chip.

It is a 100% exact replica of the Curtis CEM3340 which even includes the 40 year old, 8 micron manufacturing process. It was a difficult and expensive undertaking but we are very pleased with the result as this VCO is considered one of the best sounding oscillators.

We are continuing to invest in reviving other legacy Curtis and SSM semiconductors which will allow us to bring back classic synths - all in the most authentic way. We have also reissued the 3320 filter chip which should be arriving in a few months."

Busch.

Archived