Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Mojo 61 Wish List

Jazz+

Enable the Mojo 61 to play Music Files (.wav files) from the USB stick port. For use with .wav backing tracks. Hammond SK has this and so does Casio newer Privias.

Enable the foot switch pedal to toggle Split and single layer shift. Also, for Octave shift.

Enable the sustain pedal to kick a Low C foot tap drone bass effect.

Harry was the Technical Editor of Mark Levine's "The Jazz Theory Book" and helped develop "The Jazz Piano Book." Find 850 of Harry's solo piano arrangements of standards and jazz tutorials at https://www.patreon.com/HarryLikas 

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More extreme EQ. It's too gentle for me, especially on the EPs.

Replace the pipe organ mixture stop. It has a really strong 3rd which I dislike.

Add the treble boost stop to the Farfisa.

Change the footswitch organ mode logic to work better for single speed leslie emulation - add ability to switch from fast to stop and stop to fast from footswitch.

Moe

---

Change the footswitch organ mode logic to work better for single speed leslie emulation - add ability to switch from fast to stop and stop to fast from footswitch.
The Gemini module has a stop on/off CC assignable so that it can be assigned to any controller, I assigned mine to a switch; could be assigned to a foot controller too.

All four clavinet sounds from the pickup selector switch positions (ABCD).
The Gemini module has this; I assigned the 4 filter switches to the first 4 sliders of my PC3, so pulling the slider down is equivalent to moving the filter switch toward you; slider 5 represents the C/D switch and slider 6 represents the A/B switch. Slider 9 (I never use it) represents the slide damper.

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

Seems to be fixed with version 1.15. I used the Clav alot this past weekend and don't recall hearing any abnormalities with the pitch in the lower register so I believe that Guido has adequately adjusted based on user comments.

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

I'm thinking the clav could be added to MOJO61 as a firmware update? I hope Guido is listening, and he must be hearing this all the time!

Barry

Home: Steinway L, Montage 8

Gigs: Yamaha CP88, Crumar Mojo 61, A&H SQ5 mixer, ME1 IEM, MiPro 909 IEMs

As I read through these postings it seems that everyone is leaning toward getting the Gemini sounds into the Mojo61 and the Mojo dual manual. These sounds can be put into the DMC122 with a Gemini module purchase. At what point do the product differentiation lines get blurred? Why bother with a two manual Mojo at all if he sells the DMC122, with or without the Gemini module? I purchased the Gemini module so that I didn't have to purchase another keyboard. Glad I went this route because the product differentiation in the current product line is a little confusing.

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

Why bother with a two manual Mojo at all if he sells the DMC122, with or without the Gemini module?

I think it pretty much comes down to different actions and aesthetics.

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

Are any these of these capabilities already available on Mojo 61?

"Enable the foot switch pedal to toggle Split and Single layer shift. Also foot switch enables Octave shift." ?

"Enable a sustain pedal (with no floor pedal manual hooked up) to "slap" a random pedal tone in time with the walking left-hand bass to provide a slight pop to the attack." ?

Harry was the Technical Editor of Mark Levine's "The Jazz Theory Book" and helped develop "The Jazz Piano Book." Find 850 of Harry's solo piano arrangements of standards and jazz tutorials at https://www.patreon.com/HarryLikas 

• 2 weeks later...

I really like what Frank Montis did with his dual manual Mojo, adding the wood cabinet and base. Really attractive. I was hoping Crumar was going to do something like that or the way Hammond did the XK5, something that fit a certain way so that it all looked like one piece. This solution is a bit too sloppy for my tastes. It also looks like the lower manual is a bit too far from the upper manual, no? I'd prefer the classic two manual version with the extra drawbars but I really like a lot of the features on the 61(extra instruments, effects, and amp sims, updated keyboard) including the flat top. Ugh hard to choose.

1974 Rhodes, CP70B, Polivoks, Dominion 1, Behringer D, Mother 32, DFAM, MS20 Mini, Folktek Mescaline, Nord Lead 2x, KArp Odyssey, Jv1080, Digitakt, Hydrasynth,

+4 for Clavinet (ABCD);

Besides just the organ.... to be able route all the other on-board sounds thru the Leslie-Sim.

Yamaha CP-80/S80/S90es/P125/DGX-670/AN1x/MOTIF XS-Rack/CS6R/Roland D-50/Prophet 5(Rev 3.3.)/OBX8/Prophet 5 (Rev 4)/OB-8/Juno-60/Jupiter-6/Studiologic Numa Organ with Neo Ventilator/Korg Kronos

I just got the official word on the Mojo61 Lower pricing. $699 MAP.

A few more details:

When connected to Mojo61 (via proprietary MIDI/DIN cable, included) Mojo61 will recognized it out of the box and automatically will set it to "EXT-LOWER"

It works ONLY with Mojo61 because it is passive and it doesn't have a power supply.

With the "lower manual" connected, Mojo61 is still monotimbral, so you can't have piano on lower and organ on upper. Maybe in the future Crumar will upgrade to bi-timbral like Mojo Dualbut for now, this is the way it is.

Expected ship date is end of April.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Thanks for the info, dB!
This link has a gallery of the mojo61 lower.
I think it's worth noting from this post that the distance between the manuals "is 68 millimeters, just a couple of millimeters above a vintage console B3 which measures 65 mm" according to Crumar. :thu:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Archived