Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New custom extra tier on KM 18880

RudyS

As some of you know, I recently added a Mopho keys to my rig. I did not want to add a third tier on my Km18880 stand (mainly because of looks as a play sitting down).

I had the idea to make a custom stand from an old KM18881 stacker which was broken any way. I let a local befriended welder made a plate of aluminium with a bended edge on the front. Then he cut the 18881 stacker and welded the end piece on the plate. See this picture.

IMG_2492.jpg

This way I could stack it in my 18882 stackers, on which my electro is resting:

IMG_2491.jpg

The result in the rig is like this:

IMG_2493.jpg

I am quite happy with the result. I have to stretch a bit to reach the volume knob (which is awkwardly positioned on the top right corner of the Mopho), so added a volume pedal for that. The other thing is that of course it is not completely handy for transportation. But a have a big bag with cable and think I can put it in with that.

Rudy

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cool! Everyone should befriend a local welder. :2thu:

Yes. That is very handy. This was totally free:)

I also need a stand voor my melodica when I do my jazz gig, so I might contact him again:)

Rudy

Aluminium is tricky. Guessing your friend has a TiG setup. Buy him one more beer than you think necessary, this is a good friend to have. :)

Hammond: L111, M100, M3, BC, CV, Franken CV, A100, D152, C3, B3

Leslie: 710, 760, 51C, 147, 145, 122, 22H, 31H

Yamaha: CP4, DGX-620, DX7II-FD-E!, PF85, DX9

Roland: VR-09, RD-800

• 6 months later...

Archived