Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Ringo says Paul DID die in 1966

J. Dan

CLONK

Many of you may have heard all of the conspiracies years ago that Paul McCartney actually died in a car accident in 1966 and was replaced by Billy Shears who has been impersonating him ever since.

Well in the linked interview, Ringo apparently confirms this.

Looking at it again....looks like it was a year ago...surprised to not hear about it before now. Hoax?

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was just coming back to post that I found that this was originally posted on a satirical website and then picked up on a bunch of others.

Still kind of interesting though in going through some other legitimate sources that cover some of the elements of the conspiracy theory.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

I was just coming back to post that I found that this was originally posted on a satirical website and then picked up on a bunch of others.

Still kind of interesting though in going through some other legitimate sources that cover some of the elements of the conspiracy theory.

It began as a joke in a college humor paper, and has never been taken seriously, anywhere, except by the tiny slice of Beatle nerds who are also conspiracy theorists.

Now out! "Mind the Gap," a 24-song album of new material.
www.joshweinstein.com

Years ago I wasted an hour or so checking out the web site of some guy who's apparently the world's most ardent advocate of this conspiracy. It was page after page (all of them way too long, wall-of-text style with lots of harsh, clashing colors and blinking graphics, or course) offering ABSOLUTE, IRREFUTABLE PROOF that the real Paul was dead. Most of the proof consisted of photos with lots of drawn-in lines and arrows, comparing the relative heights of the band members before and after the supposed death, and purportedly showing that Paul's height suddenly changed significantly after that date. What it really proved was that this guy didn't understand anything about perspective or photography.

This is one of those "buttons" for me, and I'll tell you why:

I had a high school chemistry teacher -- honours class at that -- who was so obsessed with the "Paul Is Dead" conspiracy theory that he was incapable of teaching, which had a negative impact on my preparation for college sciences.

So for me it is no laughing matter; the obsession some people have with this ridiculous myth had a strong negative rub-off effect on me.

The funniest part -- and this part is indeed funny -- is that, like the myth about Elvis actually dying in 1989 (or whenever), there are many who now say that "they" (a typical term for conspiracists) are now on their THIRD fake Macca wannabe!

Incredible that so many left-handed multi-instrumentalists with fake English singing accents are out there, just waiting in line to be the next Macca replacement. Where do I sign up?

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

The notion that any one person could not only look so much like Paul McCartney, but also speak and sing like him, not to mention write and play like him is beyond belief.

The songwriting aspect alone has been unattainable for many greats who have tried. We're supposed to believe that some doppelgänger could step in and fill those shoes?

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

The notion that any one person could not only look so much like Paul McCartney, but also speak and sing like him, not to mention write and play like him is beyond belief.

And apparently do other things like him too, since Jane Asher appears not to have noticed a difference.

www.joshweinstein.com

Then there is the government had Lennon killed conspiracy theory.

Harry was the Technical Editor of Mark Levine's "The Jazz Theory Book" and helped develop "The Jazz Piano Book." Find 800 of Harry's solo piano arrangements and tutorials at https://www.patreon.com/HarryLikas These arrangements are for teaching solo piano chording using Harry's 2+2 harmony method.

My school gave us permission to stay home or go home the day he was killed. It's hard for those born afterward to conceive of how untouchable the Beatles seemed as concepts, let alone people, and how hard it hit many of us when Lennon died. My own "grief list" goes, in chronological order, my grandfather, Lennon, my step-mom, my dad, etc. It was huge.

That band got famous so young, and did their legacy-work so fast, that Lennon had been a non-Beatle for longer, in 1980, than he had been a Beatle...and still died at 40. Everything that group accomplished, they did essentially in a 6.5-year run from roughly late 1962 to roughly early 1969...and that's ignoring all the temporary break-ups from 1966 on. When people talk about a "next" Beatles, they ignore the various lightning strikes and alchemy that resulted in that particular selection of four people at that particular time.

IMO, the closest we'll come has probably already happened (with the advent of hip-hop and the transitioning of the studio from tool to instrument)...and even that is a collective phenomenon rather than a particular person or group. And if you trace even that impulse back, you still end up with those insanely lucky and talented 20-something-year-old British kids who were just rich and successful enough to keep trying stuff that shouldn't otherwise have worked, and talented enough to make legendary and enduring pop songs out of it.

www.joshweinstein.com

It is tragic that Lennon's career was ended on the verge of an optimistic comeback. He had seemed to have outgrown his dark period of Primal Scream Therapy, Mother, alcoholism and hard drugs. Check out the great songs he was writing on his album "Starting Over" the day he was shot. I will always wonder what he would have written and sung if he had lived. Not so much with Paul as we have seen his legacy unfold.

[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAZczTyEK8g

Harry was the Technical Editor of Mark Levine's "The Jazz Theory Book" and helped develop "The Jazz Piano Book." Find 800 of Harry's solo piano arrangements and tutorials at https://www.patreon.com/HarryLikas These arrangements are for teaching solo piano chording using Harry's 2+2 harmony method.

Archived