Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

KC NAMM hang?

zxcvbnm098

I think I am going to end up missing NAMM after all. I just booked something for Thursday evening that is going to make it hard to get there and back in time, particularly with the rain. Bummed not to meet you all, but will almost certainly be there again next year.

Now out! "Mind the Gap," a 24-song album of new material.
www.joshweinstein.com

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:(

Meeting folks was actually the part of NAMM I was looking forward to this year. With no Stage 3 coming out, and no real pressing equipment needs, I was more interested in "the hang" than the gear this year. Plus I have a fair number of friends manning booths or other stations. But...I don't feel comfortable now trying it on Thursday, and am too cheap to pay a babysitter to make it up on Sunday. I asked the ex to swap custody weekends, and got the expected answer...

So...next year!

Now out! "Mind the Gap," a 24-song album of new material.
www.joshweinstein.com

Great to see the brethren, as always!

Deep thanks to Dr. Patten for opening the door to the RedKey lounge once again. Besides the KC regulars and one or two new KC attendees (Jerry K!), we were joined by a bunch of the Yamaha guys (Avery Burdette, Blake Angelos and Phil Clendenin), Jack Hotop from Korg, former Keyboard mag staffer David Battino...and Dominic Milano, the man who co-founded the magazine back in 1975.

Awesome hang, gents. :cool:

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Great hang last night! It was so fun grilling and drinking, and the late night round table of legends (Hotop, Kovarsky, Milano, Bryce, etc.) was epic. I have a few pictures that I'll get uploaded at some point.

Yes, another awesome hang at the RKL. Sorry I had to bail early and miss the Keyboard staff members. Or maybe I was there at the time and got caught up in the moment missing my opportunity to say hi :idk .

Anyway, thanks again to Dan, Tony and Eric for hosting.

Awesome hang at RKL! Unfortunately, I had to bail early as its a 2-hour commute each way for me (I do it every year for all 4 days of the show).

Sorry to have missed all the cool folks that showed up afterward, including the Keyboard Mag people :(

Big thanks to RedKey once again for hosting, for the burgers, and the beer.

Now that all of us are home (or nearly home), I propose a toast to Redkey! And a heartfelt "thank you".

Hope to be with y'all next year.

PianoManChuck

Authorized reseller: Casio, Dexibell, Kurzweil, Nord, iLoud, Viscount

Keyboard Reviews +

Man...... just got back to rainy So Cal... so sorry I missed that. Would have loved to meet Dominic and see Jerry once again.

And it's not true whatever anyone said about me... unless it was good....

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

Glad we were able to make it by, albeit too late to catch everyone. And I would have loved to overlap with my Yamaha friends. It's always nice to see the faces behind the avatars. Specials thanks to the inimitable Mr. Bryce for his friendship, boundless energy, and dedication to this fine group of friends. GAS is fine, but for me it's become the people that are the best part of the show.

Archived