Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

KC NAMM hang?

zxcvbnm098

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

+1!

OK this is really dumb but for years on the first day of the show while walking towards the convention center I have Bob Marley's Jammin playing in my head. Only I change it to Nammin.

Now let me save you from having to respond:

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::wacko::wacko::wacko::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::puff::puff::puff::puff::freak::freak::freak::freak:

Hey folks,

Count me in. I'll be swinging by late-ish because I have a dinner with Arturia at 7, but I'll be there with the night owls!

SF

Stephen Fortner

Principal, Fortner Media

Former Editor in Chief, Keyboard Magazine

Digital Piano Consultant, Piano Buyer Magazine

Industry affiliations: Antares, Arturia, Giles Communications, MS Media, Polyverse

Hey folks,

Count me in. I'll be swinging by late-ish because I have a dinner with Arturia at 7, but I'll be there with the night owls!

SF

Be sure and order up a nice Brut.

http://rednwhite.info/24-thickbox_default/kwv-sparkling-wine-cuvee-brut.jpg

Now out! "Mind the Gap," a 24-song album of new material.
www.joshweinstein.com

I'm planning on next year's hang. Stuff this past fall, and through the holidays and beyond got a bit nuts - with the church directing gig I took on in Sept.. But it'll be 7 years, next January, since being out there. And I've yet to experience Red Key Lounge..

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

Mine is, "This is not bowling. This is NAMM. There are rules." Or else just, "You can't understand, man. I've been to NAMM."

Some of my family members and friends are familiar with my annual pilgrimage to Anaheim each January. Some of them ask me about it, and pronounce NAMM like "nam" as in Vietnam and then suddenly the conversation takes on a war veteran tone (in a joking way). "So, Eric, when are you going back to 'nam?"

Given the events surrounding Keyboard, I may try to see if some of the folks associated with the mag over the years can join us. It's Friday night so folks may have other plans already...but I'll see what I can do.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Given the events surrounding Keyboard, I may try to see if some of the folks associated with the mag over the years can join us. It's Friday night so folks may have other plans already...but I'll see what I can do.

dB

Absolutely! Please get as many as you can! I might even make flyers to pass out at NAMM on Thursday and Friday :D

Wish I could join you guys... will still be in Salt Lake City freezing my ass off!

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

That's okay HammondDave. Those not in attendance will become subjects of unrestrained gossip and vicious innuendo regarding their career/life choices, musical gear, poor fashion sense, and general emotional instability. ;):D

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."

- George Bernard Shaw

A few of the ex-Keyboard mag alums are planning on trying to drop by.

Could be an extra cool hang this year.

dB

Yeah, shame I'm going to miss that.

Oh well, I did attend some pretty cool NAMM hangs with the AH group, like the one back in 2000 with Bob Moog and Don Buchla both on the dance floor (not with each other)...!

Friday night. 6:30 - 7ish start until they kick us out.

Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim Resort-Convention Center

2010 South Harbor Blvd

In through the lobby to the poolside grills on the right.

If raining, the lounge area is huge.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ij6e9vbarg8oju1/IMG_1167.jpg?dl=0

That looks familiar.... was that the same hang as last year?

PianoManChuck

Authorized reseller: Casio, Dexibell, Kurzweil, Nord, iLoud, Viscount

Keyboard Reviews +

I was all set to go to NAMM and the Red Key Lounge on Friday when my badge hookup (a non-exhibitor member) told me today that he had to transfer my badge to someone else due to a mix-up (the other person didn't know he didn't get his badge and was already flying down for the show and he felt really bad about it, so he had to sacrifice the badge of the guy who doesn't have to fly in (me). :(

No hard feelings to my badge hookup, but I'm bummed nonetheless. I'm going to be missing my first NAMM show since 2001 :(

Archived