Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Corn Rules!

I find it interesting that so many musicians are interested in the nutritional merits of corn, as evidenced by all the posts that end with "Korn Rulez!" (Okay, their spelling isn't the greatest, but after all, these are musicians.) Yes, corn was a staple of Native American civilizations, and in addition to being an excellent source of natural starches and vitamins, it can be made into corn bread, eaten uncooked, or eaten in the traditional "corn on the cob" fashion. So let us take a moment to behold the power of corn! As so many of you have said so many times, "Corn Rules!"

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
<> This is just some late-night silliness for the amusement of forum regulars. I'm not sure who started "Korn Rulez" (was it you, Tedster?!?), but it has become a staple among forum veterans as an all-purpose way to indicate...well, something, I'm just not sure what! Feel free to ignore all this if it doesn't make sense, there's nothing earth-shattering going on here.

slightly (okay totally) off topic here, but have any of you guys seen final fantasy yet? Jesus, i'm just watching it right now and the animation in it is just ridiculous....attention to detail? holy,........anyone know how long it took them to make this? geez, they even got the hair and throat movements right....anyways, just my ramblings.... shiver
Rule #2: Don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff.

Maybe an explaination of 'Korn Rulez' is in order. (Lucy, splain!) Someone here recently posted of the flaming going on at another forum, where the moderators allowed it to carry on to the point of stupidity. I checked it out, yep, there was a alot of 'Korn Rulez' going on, it was good to come running back to this place. This stems from alot of the forums members here previously being members at others forums, where no real topics are discussed and there is little more going on than flame wars about ie: 'Korn rulez', (incorrect spelling to denote immaturity). When you see the statement 'Korn Rulez' it could have multiple meanings. 1. Just as a toungue in cheek statement for the irony of it (we all know Beatles rulez ;) ). 2. In response to a posting that has no buisness here, self-promotion, spam, etc. 3. An indication the forum regulars use that the person posting is probably really young and inexperienced or in response to a posting that is not factual, technically incorrect info., etc. The reasons above are a testament of the 'anti spam tone' Craig has set over here. (Craig rulez!) But, every now and then one 'slips thru' and it's all our jobs to contain it swiftly & quickly before it 'poisons the well'. (ok, go ahead, respond to this with 'Korn Rulez') :D Merry ******* , Happy ****** Matt
In two days, it won't matter.

Children of the Corn rule! (Don't mess with children of the corn! :0 ) Of course, as with so many Steven King stories, for some reason the movie SUKD! (Incorrect spelling to raise my apparent "cool" factor.) Personally, I think Popcorn rulezzzz. I'm entitled to my ridiculous opinion. ;) And anyway, Craig, in this annoyingly, politically correct era, it's, "Maize rules!!!"

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

[quote]Originally posted by Anderton: [b]Yes, corn was a staple of Native American civilizations, and in addition to being an excellent source of natural starches and vitamins, it can be made into corn bread, eaten uncooked, or eaten in the traditional "corn on the cob" fashion. [/b][/quote] Back then they said "Maize Rulez!!!" ....Opps, just saw fantasticsounds maize comment, hence the edit...and I thought I was the first...DAMN! [ 12-23-2001: Message edited by: Magical Pig ]

Scott Benson

www.syborgstudios.com

Speaking of Maize... What has Lyle Maize been doing lately? Still working with Metheny? Did he earn enough cabbage with Pat? If I made that kind of spinach, I could buy that 2-carrot diamond ring my wife has her eye on. Lettuce hope that the new year brings us all that kind of prosperity, that good fortune sprouts all around us, and that we squash this recession where it stands. Sorry that I haven't been as "currant" around here as I'd like to be, but I see the regular cast of characters still peppers this forum with the usual wit and wisdom. In the fertile minds of musicians, ideas will mushroom out of nothingness and bear full fruit for all to see. My wish is for all to have the happiest of holiday seasons and a prosperous new year. And in the immortal words of synthesist Isao Tomato... no, wait... he was an instrumentalist who never sang... oh well. You say Tomita, I say Tomato... let's call the whole thing off. Chorn roolze. -John Bartus Radio Active Productions

John Bartus

Music From The Fabulous Florida Keys

www.johnbartus.com

www.cdbaby.com/bartus

www.radioactivedigital.com

[quote]Originally posted by Anderton: [b]I find it interesting that so many musicians are interested in the nutritional merits of corn, as evidenced by all the posts that end with "Korn Rulez!" (Okay, their spelling isn't the greatest, but after all, these are musicians.) Yes, corn was a staple of Native American civilizations, and in addition to being an excellent source of natural starches and vitamins, it can be made into corn bread, eaten uncooked, or eaten in the traditional "corn on the cob" fashion. So let us take a moment to behold the power of corn! As so many of you have said so many times, "Corn Rules!"[/b][/quote] HAHAHA!!! Reminds me of that scene in Wayne's World where they meet Alice Cooper, and they expect to meet Mr. Party, and instead, he gives them a lecture on Wisconsin history. I didn't start the "Korn Rulez" thing...but, er, I did do my part to keep it going. It was just a poke at forums whose chief members are 14 year old Goths who perhaps have been playing guitar for a couple of months and get into arguments over "Korn Rulez" or "Korn Sux"...and turn it into a hyoooge flame war. Our flame wars here are over much more mature topics...like whether McCartney rulez or sux. ;) WWDBS...(What Would Dave Barry Say?) :D :D :D :D :D
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

John, that is some hard pore corn. You should be ashamed! By the way, isn't it Pat Methaney? Human (a farmer) [quote]Originally posted by JohnBartus: [b]Speaking of Maize... What has Lyle Maize been doing lately? Still working with Metheny? Did he earn enough cabbage with Pat? If I made that kind of spinach, I could buy that 2-carrot diamond ring my wife has her eye on. Lettuce hope that the new year brings us all that kind of prosperity, that good fortune sprouts all around us, and that we squash this recession where it stands. Sorry that I haven't been as "currant" around here as I'd like to be, but I see the regular cast of characters still peppers this forum with the usual wit and wisdom. In the fertile minds of musicians, ideas will mushroom out of nothingness and bear full fruit for all to see. My wish is for all to have the happiest of holiday seasons and a prosperous new year. And in the immortal words of synthesist Isao Tomato... no, wait... he was an instrumentalist who never sang... oh well. You say Tomita, I say Tomato... let's call the whole thing off. Chorn roolze. -John Bartus Radio Active Productions[/b][/quote]

"It is a danger to create something and risk rejection. It is a greater danger to create nothing and allow mediocrity to rule."

"You owe it to us all to get on with what you're good at." W.H. Auden

[quote]Originally posted by jackpine: [b]John Lennon said it best.... All we are saying......is give peas a chance. :) jim[/b][/quote] Everybody's talkin' 'bout rhubarb, celery, egg plants, green-beans, carrots & artichokes, onion loafs & candied yams, spinach & black eyes, limas & wax beans, au-grautin & garden greens,... all we are saying.....is give peas a chance. Gardening is over, if you want it. :D -mAtT
In two days, it won't matter.

Some call it derivative target marketing, others call it maize. "Ars gratis ars" - just take it at face value. Those who claim that they exploit family disfunction and brainwash our youth in the name of $$, were the same ones painting their faces and dressing up like Ace Friely 20 years ago. Pain sells records, and the irony is that they're probably kicking back in their $500,000 houses this Christmas enjoying some prime quality time with their families. God, I love rock n roll, or did I not understand the question?

[quote]Originally posted by Cereal: [b]Sweet white corn rules. BBQ it in foil with butter and salt.[/b][/quote] Now you're speaking my langauge! No Corn tastes better than the (State, County) Fair corn. Roasted on the BBQ, dipped in molten butter [i](I can feel my arteries hardening just thinkin' about it!)[/i], and nicely salted and peppered. YUM! (Man I miss touring, working the summer fairs and festivals!) It's so good, we don't complain for a second that it cost us $2-$5 an ear! :D ;)

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Archived