Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Silvertone 1448 w/ amp in case

wraub

Hello all, been a while. Have seen some of you on FB, but hoping this may get a better reception here.

I have acquired one of these, and am probably gonna flip it. It is in amazing shape, and everything works.

Have looked at reverb and ebay sales, and have a pretty good idea of the value.

What do you think would be the best way to sell? It's such an oddball item, not sure where's good. Hoping to sell quickly, I have better things to do. :)

Suggestions, please.

Thanks.

I'm a lot more like I am now than I was when I got here.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hello all, been a while. Have seen some of you on FB, but hoping this may get a better reception here.

I have acquired one of these, and am probably gonna flip it. It is in amazing shape, and everything works.

What do you think would be the best way to sell? It's such an oddball item, not sure where's good. Hoping to sell quickly, I have better things to do. :)

Suggestions, please.

Thanks.

Well, how have the sales of those been going on eBay and Reverb? If they've sold well on one or the other, for the asking prices, go there.

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

If you have a Craigslist nearby, I would probably go in that direction along with local newspaper ads...then, Ebay would be my next step if I can't find a local buyer. Also check some local mom and pops for bulletin board postings. :cool:
Take care, Larryz

Suggestions, please.

Thanks.

Well, how have the sales of those been going on eBay and Reverb? If they've sold well on one or the other, for the asking prices, go there.

Typical prices on both sites run from $400 to about $550, more or less. Again, this one is in stellar condition, so probably priced at the higher end of this range.Got a quote today from a local shop, $200 sight unseen, over the phone. :rolleyes: Granted, not the worst offer, but...

I'm a lot more like I am now than I was when I got here.

I remember seeing one of those at the Sears store where I live and thinking it looked cool. But then, I was only 13 at the time. :rolleyes:

They still look kinda cool design-wise, but I'd have no idea what they'd be worth these days. I think Larry's advice is good.

Whitefang

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

I sell everything musical on Craigslist, I live in a gated community and people have to identify themselves to get in, which weeds out the scammers. I take cash only at the time of sale, and when they walk out the door with the item, the sale is final. Sometimes it takes a few years to get my price. But I persist, I put the ad on every Friday night and take it off Sunday night so it is always near the top. I have sold my Les Paul, and other items that way. It works and cost nothing. But be careful there are scammers out there, real pros at their nefarious craft.

Typical prices on both sites run from $400 to about $550, more or less. Again, this one is in stellar condition, so probably priced at the higher end of this range.Got a quote today from a local shop, $200 sight unseen, over the phone. :rolleyes: Granted, not the worst offer, but...

Which says they expect to be able to double that or more, if they even gave you an estimated quote like that over the phone, "sight unseen". Sell it yourself on Reverb, take your time, be patient, and be firm on your price.

Those amp-in-the-cases make pretty cool recording-amps. crank 'em, close-mic 'em, move the mic around to find the best sound for the track, apply any effects (if any at all) afterward. (Not implying that I've done a lot of that- :blush::D - it just makes sense. I have plugged into some of these, though! And I've known people- in person- who've recorded with these amps.)

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Archived