Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Setting up CU-1 with neovent?

Dlrshort

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I had the CU-1 for a while, and it doesn't work directly with the Vent. The guy I bought the CU-1 from also included a custom adapter cable that converted the 8-pin Leslie jack to 2 1/4" jacks, one for audio and one for switching. I'd plug the CU-1 into the switch jack of the Hammond, then use the adapter to connect to the Vent. It worked, but eventually just felt too complicated.

Turn up the speaker

Hop, flop, squawk

It's a keeper

-Captain Beefheart, Ice Cream for Crow

Never used the switches on the SK-1. The CU-1 that I have plugged directly into the original vent and works perfectly.
Montage 7, Mojo 61, PC-3, XK-3c Pro, Kronos 88, Hammond SK-1, Motif XF- 7, Hammond SK-2, Roland FR-1, FR-18, Hammond B3 - Blond, Hammond BV -Cherry

I don't own an original vent, and haven't read the manual in a long time, but I think "yes". Provided you have read the manual and set the DIP switches appropriately!

If my memory serves me correctly - I don't own a CU-1 - sleeve is common, tip is chorale, and ring is tremolo.

Wes

Hammond: L111, M100, M3, BC, CV, Franken CV, A100, D152, C3, B3

Leslie: 710, 760, 51C, 147, 145, 122, 22H, 31H

Yamaha: CP4, DGX-620, DX7II-FD-E!, PF85, DX9

Roland: VR-09, RD-800

Do you plug the CU1 switch directly into the remote quarter inch jack?

Yes!!!!

Montage 7, Mojo 61, PC-3, XK-3c Pro, Kronos 88, Hammond SK-1, Motif XF- 7, Hammond SK-2, Roland FR-1, FR-18, Hammond B3 - Blond, Hammond BV -Cherry

Archived