Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Rick Wakeman's rig at his recent performance of King Arthur

xKnuckles

...at the O2 arena in London looked like this:

image.jpg

Sorry about the picture quality. Big cameras were not welcome so I had to make do with my iPhone.

The performance was mesmerising - a really special event and one which I completely loved and will always remember. He has rearranged many of the original numbers - most successfully - and also added in a LOT of new music (it now takes up 2 CDs and has 23 tracks...) and a new female singer (Hayley Sanderson). I liked the new treatment a lot (especially since I have played the original so many times that I know every note....). I needn't have worried about knowing it too well - It sounded really fresh and spine tingling. His solos were superb!

Here is the complete ensemble: Orion symphony orchestra, English chamber choir. (Rick's son Oliver was also playing keys - but was positioned far away from Rick's 'synthetic' circle..... ;) ) Again, apologies for the poor picture quality. My poor iPhone really wasn't up to the job....

image.jpg

"Turn your fingers into a dust rag and keep them keys clean!" ;) Bluzeyone

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone here bought his books?

51hahA%2BMe0L._AC_UL320_SR212,320_.jpg51OIVgDRLGL._AC_UL320_SR208,320_.jpg

The fact there's a Highway To Hell and only a Stairway To Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers

People only say "It's a free country" when they're doing something shitty-Demetri Martin

Those are both hilarious. I've recommended them before, with the second feeling a bit more local to England and his acoustic piano fans, but still a rich read. I've always loved his music, but I'm amazed at how vital he remains, despite his ready admission that for a time, he tried to drink the British Isles dry. His liver must be a mutant. :cheers:

“Drugs at our age?
 You don’t have to take them forever.
 Once you’ve opened the doors of perception,
  you can see what’s going on; you’ve got the ideas.”
        ~ Dave Brock on Hawkwind’s late-period purple patch

I have the first, not the second. Yet. Awesome read. Laugh-out-loud funny.

..Joe

Setup: Korg Kronos 61, Roland XV-88, Korg Triton-Rack, Motif-Rack, Korg N1r, Alesis QSR, Roland M-GS64 Yamaha KX-88, KX76, Roland Super-JX, E-Mu Longboard 61, Kawai K1II, Kawai K4.

Thanks for posting those ! Great to see Rick putting on this show.

I have both of the Grumpy Old Rockstar books; plenty of great stories, and no small amount of hilarity.

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

Archived