Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Beams for my Buddy

Doug Robinson

Guys, you barely know me let alone my friend, but hear me out.

I'm a piano playerr who moved to central Mexico 12 years ago and discovered guitarist Ken Basman. Born in Toronto, Ken is simply an unusually talented all around musician and recording engineer. When we sat down to play together, the chemistry was strong. 12 years later, he is my main musical compadre, cohort in several projects.

Ken had a heart attack two weeks ago at 58. After he had been stabilized at the local general hospital, he was taken to a very high tech cardiac hospital in Leon, Guanajuato. where a stent was put in. Unfortunately, almost two weeks later he is still in ICU and his recovery has been complicated by a collapsed lung, panic attacks and his diabetes. They are now describing his heart attack as massive--50% of his heart no longer functions.

I saw him today and I'm just devastated. After his severe panic attacks, they sedated him two days ago. He's on a ventilator and unconscious. I only spent 5 minutes with him and the rest of the day with his wife and mother. The doctors say they are optimistic==his lung seems to be repairing itself--but it is unfathomable that this man can't breathe on his own. A week ago I visited him and though he was drugged, we were talking about new tunes to tackle as improvised duets.

I've posted a couple of videos below of us doing our thing. If you are into jazz you will no doubt notice how we improvise simultaneously and weave in and out of each other's way.

Please send whatever healing beams or prayers you believe in. There are so many in this world who need them, but Ken deserves to be on that list as well. Thank you on behalf of ken and his beautiful family.

Alone Together in 7

Come Together

Turkey in the Straw

Doug Robinson

www.dougrobinson.com

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Prayers for his family, himself, and you coming your way.

2016 has been devastating......

Jake

1967 B-3 w/(2) 122's, Nord C1w/Leslie 2101 top, Nord PedalKeys 27, Nord Electro 4D, IK B3X, QSC K12.2, Yamaha reface YC+CS+CP

"It needs a Hammond"

The most powerful positive beams I can conjure up for him, his wife and mother, and you.

The fact that even in his earlier state he was thinking ahead to tunes means he has a very strong constitution and that goes a long way in healing.

:)

Sorry to hear, Doug. My best to you, Ken, and his family. :thu:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Archived