Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Oscar thread

Originally posted by Flemtone:

I loved the two songs from Cold Mountain...but what's up with Elvis Costello???

Y'see, there's this thing called a 'tuner'. It enables one to actually get his guitar in tune before hitting the stage. Of course, before the day of tuners, there were these things called EARS!!

Yow.

Nice looking guitar, though...

BTW - Mickey and Maude would have been my pick also. "Thank you. On drums......................."

Also, Blake Edwards provided me the best moment of the evening - I really thought he was confined to the wheelchair, old and frail...his face when he took off across stage was priceless! I gave him a Standing Ovation in my living room.

Up much too late last night,

Tim from Jersey :bor:

Yeah, my wife and I shot out of our seats when we heard that thing at the end of the song. Embarassing. Also, what was that thing Sting was playing? I couldn't hear it at all, but he just wound the crank on the bottom through the entire song?!? Weird.

I also loved the fact that two of the veterans from the pseudo punk/80's pop genre had gone easy listening. Annie Lennox was great, though I was also bummed Mitch and Mickie didn't leave with the award.

Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.

Mark Twain (1835-1910)

--------------------

Reporter: "Ah, do you think you could destroy the world?" The Tick: "Ehgad I hope not. That's where I keep all my stuff!"

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd never thought Renee Zellweger was hot in any aspect of the word...until last night. She looked great. Julia Roberts looked as good as I've ever seen her as well.

It's nice to see the apparel worn to the awards getting back to the classic style. Still sexy, very elegant. A nice side effect of Janet's boob. A silver lining behind every tit. (?)

- Jeff

Didn't see the whole thing. Caught about the last half hour or so. My wife was referring to some odd hand-cranked mandolin type thing Sting was playing...what was it?

And sorry to all of you high schoolers out there, I like older women (I'm an old guy). Susan Sarandon looked great, and I liked that it looked like she was about to lose her top with that one strap down.

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Originally posted by AlChuck:

Charlize Theron is just so fucking beautiful...

I agree! Now that she won an Oscar, does this mean she's not gonna bare it all in her movies anymore? Damn!!!

BTW, I thought that E! commentator had the hottest look of the night. She gets my vote for best cleavage! :love::D

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/pics/closeup.JPG:eek::eek::eek:

Well, OK. "Rings" does have fantastic effects. the sound is impeccible. Likewise the make up and set designs. And the costumes are outstanding!

But, I'm sorry. For me, all that shit doesn't keep any of them from being FRIGGIN' BORRRRIIIING!

Whitefang :bor::bor::bor:

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

Archived