Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Oscar thread

Here it is.

Every year I take a day off work and stay up till 5:00 AM and watch the oscars. I've no idea why, I generally despise awards ceremonies but I have a soft spot for the Academy Awards.

I shall be keeping you up to date whilst drinking some nice Spanish wine.

If I start to slur my typing please forgive me.

If I get really drunk and start off on a anti-bush rant, please forgive me.

... I'd love to thank the Academy, my parents, my cats, my G5, my esteemed collegues at the SSS, my chiropodist, my feng shui consultant, Mister Botox and a guy called Dave who gets my coke.

"That's what the internet is for. Slandering others anonymously." - Banky Edwards.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Peter Jackson should win everything for LOTR except Best Actor ... gotta be Bill Murray.
"That's what the internet is for. Slandering others anonymously." - Banky Edwards.

Random thoughts No. 1

Nice Tim Robbins moment ... victims of abuse

Did he get a vote of confidence re. his and his wife's liberal leanings?

Even if he did, some important non-political words there.

Torrre Oria is a full bodied red with oakey overtones.

I just turned-it on, no. I mean the Academy awards, just saw the special fx and a tripping whats his name Jim Carey, the guy is "NUTS" at least more nuts than me.

Did I miss any nice tits or ass? I had to do some end-of-month business - oh, yeh - tits / ass, thats what I tune-in for, did my fellow Texan Renee win yet, did we see her tits? :love:

WAR IS PEACE, FREEDOM IS SLAVERY, IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

Originally posted by FrankieP:

Digidesign gets a technical/scientific award???

Yep, Digi won for most expensive, er ... best, ummm audio stuff.

If Steinberg were to get their act together they could be up there. Will it happen? I foresee Pixar ruling the awards soon using ... Logic?

LOTR is winning practically all the 'little' awards. Does this mean the biggies will go elsewhere?

Sound editing for Master and Commander?

I've not seen it it though Peter Weir is a great director, Picnic at Hanging Rock was amazing.

Lost in Translation had some pretty nifty sound but wasn't nominated.

So has anyone figured-out why so many "old-men" and young "hot" women?

Tits, I wanna see some tits! Is Janet Jackson there, I don't want to see her tits anyway.

I hope I'm not wrecking the thread, I'll shut-up now :rolleyes:

Howards Shore? yeah probably, There were some great themes in the but I felt he overused them ... they got old after the first 6 hours ;)

Still ... great themes .

Best performance by an Orc in a supporting role:

Best Wizard.

LOTR is looking good at the moment.

Originally posted by Rog:

Howards Shore? yeah probably, There were some great themes in the but I felt he overused them ... they got old after the first 6 hours ;)

Still ... great themes .

Yup... good stuff. 'Big Fish' was very good, too.

Who Put The ' M ' In MySpace?

don\'t_click | day_job

Jack Black and Will Ferrell are NUTS! That song and setup were hilarious. Hey, you know what, this is the longest I've ever watched the Oscars. Congrats to Annie Lennox on winning for co-writing that LOTR song.

Peace

If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking 'til you do suck seed!

I'd hate to se Peter Jackson not get best director.

If anyone deserves it , he does.

Why does the Canadian woman "Best Foreign Language Film" pronounce "Quebec" as "Kwhu-beck"? Just curious. These are the sorts of things that make me wonder... :D

Is the instrument that Shting was playing alongside Alison Krause a hurdy-gurdy? It looks different from the others I've seen. Thanks.

Congrats to Lord of the Rings for the sweep! I'm really pleased the Academy got over their fantasy bias in such a big way.

One of my good friends (Joe Letteri) was one of the winners for Visual FX for ROTK - he's the guy responsible for Gollum (among other things). It was pretty cool to see him up there. He won last year for The Two Towers also...

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

This was a year of great movies. I've only seen a few of the highly nominated films, but the trailers and buzz surrounding the rest were all so full of critical acclaim that it's my belief that any of the nominated films could easily have won any of the awards. It was truly a year of consistantly great performances from the nominated films.

I was a little bummed Mickey and Maude singing "Kiss At The End Of A Rainbow" didn't win best song for Michael McKean and Christopher Guest. Much as I liked Annie Lennox's performance, it was the weakest song of those nominated, IMO. The two songs from Cold River were fantastic, especially T-Bone Burnett and Elvis Costello's tune.

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

She had a great dress, that big lovely smile, but that chick is scarry for some reason, please help me, maybe I can't handle succesfull women in my mind. I know she'll never be in my bed, just help my head :confused:

I loved the two songs from Cold Mountain...but what's up with Elvis Costello???

Y'see, there's this thing called a 'tuner'. It enables one to actually get his guitar in tune before hitting the stage. Of course, before the day of tuners, there were these things called EARS!!

Yow.

Nice looking guitar, though...

BTW - Mickey and Maude would have been my pick also. "Thank you. On drums......................."

Also, Blake Edwards provided me the best moment of the evening - I really thought he was confined to the wheelchair, old and frail...his face when he took off across stage was priceless! I gave him a Standing Ovation in my living room.

Up much too late last night,

Tim from Jersey :bor:

Play. Just play.

Archived