Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Another Speaker Thread-EON610- Yamaha DBR10

DanL

I didn't want to jump on Randelph's thread about a sub $800 speaker, but I'm curious about a couple newer offerings.

Is anyone using the JBL Eon610 or the Yamaha DBR10?

I have a QSC K10, and I'm thinking about picking up another one, but for the price of 1 K10 I can get 2 of the Eons. A guy who was hosting a blues jam I played at Sunday was using 2 of them for the PA, running nothing but vocals in it, and they were clear and loud and did a nice job covering a room with 100 or so people in it. I'm not sure how they'd be for keys, especially low end synth bass type stuff. My K10 handles that nicely. I like the sound of a 10 vs a 12 or 15 as they can get boomy.

I've been leaning towards selling my Space Station. It's a great little amp but it can't handle the low end for my Floyd band, and for my dance band I still have to bring the K10 for vocals so I'm not saving any schlep factor.

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Haven't tried or heard the JBL's but I tried out the Yamaha's last year when auditioning speakers for my keys monitor setup. I wasn't impressed with the DBR10 compared to the EV ZXA1-90's I currently am using. The Yamahas sounded like they had a blanket over the speakers, muffled sounding compared to the EV's.

'57 Hammond B-3, '60 Hammond A100, Leslie 251, Leslie 330, Leslie 770, Leslie 145, Hammond PR-40

Trek II UC-1A

Alesis QSR

Thanks. I think I'm going to get the Eons. I did get to hear them, though not in a keyboard context, but I was impressed they filled a packed room.

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

I've got two DBR10's and I'm very happy with them. Plenty of power, good sound, and decent bottom end for 10". I had a pair of EV ZLX12P's, but I like the DBR10's better. The EV's were single-amped and just didn't sound as clean to me.

D-10; M50; SP4-7; SP6

I'm a fairly accomplished hack.

I just bought the Eons. Didn't go for the bags as I'm going to build a road case for them at some point. My ss3 is in the garage sale...

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

Hello. I have a pair of the older JBL Eon 515xt speakers (15" woofer size). These were the generation before the Eon 6 series.

These speakers have a BIG sound, with great lows and his. They very light (a one hand carry). I also like that they have 3 inputs.

One the downside, for the big sound, they are not very loud. I hate the egg-shaped form: they roll around in the truck. Worse, I bought them when the price was $700 (later reduced by JBL).

Based on my experience with the 515xts, I would not hesitate to get the newer generation Eons.

J.S. Bach Well Tempered Klavier

The collected works of Scott Joplin

Ray Charles Genius plus Soul

Charlie Parker Omnibook

Stevie Wonder Songs in the Key of Life

Weather Report Mr. Gone

Don't know if you can hear these but I think GC carries them.

It might be more than you want spend.

Yamaha dxr8. It's a smaller 8 inch woofer but they are very loud and clear.

We use them for lip fills but I tried one and its startling compared to an eon.

How does all that come out that little box? Good low end without crapping out

or sounding hyped. They aren't L'Acoustics but that's what came to mind.

That sense that it could get really really loud and stay airy.

John

Archived