Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Gtr player friend wants to read charts on 1st gen Pad

Mike Davis

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had an iPad 1 for a while. There is a version of Adobe Acrobat that will run on it, so charts made as PDF files can be displayed. Probably not ideal, but it does work, I've done it.

The only way to see if a particular app has an old enough version to run is to purchase (even for $0 for free apps) the app, attempt to install, if there is an old version that will run, you will be offered the download of the older version

Howard Grand|Hamm SK1-73|Kurz PC2|PC2X|PC3|PC3X|PC361; QSC K10's

HP DAW|Epi Les Paul & LP 5-str bass|iPad mini2

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Jim

I had an iPad 1 until about 2 months ago. I used it a lot for reading charts (which is why I bought it). I had DeepDish GigBook on it and never had any problems with it. As Moodyblues says, if you purchase an app which requires iOS 9 (IPad 1 is iOS 6 I believe), it should allow you to download the most recent version of that app which will run on your device.
"Turn your fingers into a dust rag and keep them keys clean!" ;) Bluzeyone

Yes, the latest version of unrealBook still runs on the iPad 1. Believe me it's a lot of work to still support it. I can't say how long I will continue supporting it (only Apple knows that).

Korg Kronos, Roland RD-88, Korg Kross, JP8000, MS2000, Sequential Pro One, Micromoog, Yamaha VL1, author of unrealBook for iPad.

Yes, the latest version of unrealBook still runs on the iPad 1. Believe me it's a lot of work to still support it. I can't say how long I will continue supporting it (only Apple knows that).

Thanks, Aron, and great work on the app. Hope you're thriving and surviving :-)

Slightly off topic and coming from a computer newbie.

iPad air 2 with 64Gb

I played a gig Saturday with a guys old iPad playing tracks, but they were all merged and no way to separate the tracks.

What program recommended to have separate tracks ( MIDI ) that can be controlled in Live situations? Obviously I need to buy MIDI tracks - any particular companies tracks you prefer?

Can any version of Ableton be used on iPad air 2? I have Ableton 5.

Do I NEED a computer interface for whatever reasons... fidelity, connectivity or? IF so, one that crosses that Law of Diminishing Returns..

Thank you

the old veteran newb

You don't have ideas, ideas have you

We see the world, not as it is, but as we are. "One mans food is another mans poison". I defend your right to speak hate. Tolerance to a point, not agreement

Archived