Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I want ALL banned thru history KC members Back NOW..

Brettymike

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
...For a fresh start - or else :)

Thats a good concept.

And lets release everyone from prison , too.

It will save money ;)

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

It's interesting that over at PW, where a more relaxed view is taken of PITA members, the forum doesn't implode as a result of their antics.

There's one particular guy who posts endlessly on the same theme, praising one manufacturer (even when the thread is about something else entirely) and asking the same question a hundred different ways. He drives everyone up the wall...

...however, people love to have a juicy target for their sarcasm, and he gets plenty of brickbats. People say they wish he'd go away, but I think that, deep down, they enjoy uniting in faux outrage and condemnation.

That's not to say there are no offenses that warrant suspension, but I wonder if a forum isn't poorer for the lack of "local color".

I don't envy dB's role.

meh. i never notice if a guy is no longer here. i recall a big long thread on some other place about some dude that was banned here recently, I followed it just to learn what the actual offense was. I never learned the offense, and i already forgot his forum name. i also forget that place, come to think of it. its all a fuzzy vague recollection lacking consequence at this point in my life.

there's plenty of guys left on board. if we get to the point where one guy is so critical to the forum that we can't get on without him, we should just hang it up anyway. in the meantime, maybe these offensive offenders should humbly plead to the Mods in private and earn some sort of commutation rather than seek out alternate media to harangue and chastise them in public.

I'm all for live and let (who cares what you do), but i see enough silly behavior to conclude mods wait until a threshold is crossed. my understanding is they then give private counsel, followed by private warnings, and then only as a last resort do they ban.

I was warned once. well, almost warned. more of a nudge, sort of a subtle suggestiong that i almost earned a warning sort of nudge. but it was enough for me. i heard it loud and clear and it wasn't hard to avoid repeating that transgression.

if a guy won't take a hint, ... there ya go.

The baiting I do is purely for entertainment value. Please feel free to ignore it.

this can't happen...

excellent, Tim. ;):D

Now look what you've gone and done.

After all these years I'm still not quite sure what to think about that.

:taz::facepalm:

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

I do not know what these particular members did, but hearing stories from Dave and others at the RedKey Lounge last Friday night, some members certainly deserve permanent banning for their uncalled for antics. In many cases, they went FAR beyond what you could imagine (off line antics included). It can get pretty scary.

I trust Dave's judgement on this one... you should too!

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

We need to start giving these out. This is getting ridiculous.

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/540/681/b7d.jpg [/quote

It's already ridiculous, like re-beating the long-dead horse in front of a big facepalm backdrop. Guess there wasn't enough new gear at NAMM :laugh:

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

That's a ridiculous request. There were severe a-holes banned before you even ever joined. What about the spammers who were banned....you want them too? No? Ok, who draws the line - you? dB makes that decision for good reason and you should be ok with it. There are people I've liked who have been banned, but as much as I like them, they did something to get there, which is outside of my control, but perfectly within theirs. Why stir up this kind of shit?

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

It's interesting that over at PW, where a more relaxed view is taken of PITA members, the forum doesn't implode as a result of their antics.

Hi Vox. Between this forum and PW, which has the better action? :snax:

This forum is a big upgrade over PW action, which I consider very good but I prefer the KCII, because it is a more organic, faster and less bounce action than KC... Cheers!

:wave:

Archived