Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Nord stage 2 help needed !!!

analogholic

Going to use a Stage 2 for a gig. Being a Kurz guy, I have a hard time to understand this board.

What I want to do is assign an expression pedal to control the volume of the string sound which is layered with piano and a pad.

How do I do it ?

Thanks in advance!

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

Arthur Schopenhauer

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Plug your control pedal in the jack;

2. Turn on the NS2;

3. Ensure Memory Protection is turned OFF (page 10);

4. Select your layered Program ie. the Piano/Synth (strings) program;

5. Turn the volume knob on the synth section down to the lowest level you'll want;

6. Push and hold down the "Morph Assign: CTLPED" button while turning the synth section's volume knob to the highest level you'll want it to be;

7. Release the Morph Assign button;

8. Re-save the program.

Here for the gear.

1. Plug your control pedal in the jack;

2. Turn on the NS2;

3. Ensure Memory Protection is turned OFF (page 10);

4. Select your layered Program ie. the Piano/Synth (strings) program;

5. Turn the volume knob on the synth section down to the lowest level you'll want;

6. Push and hold down the "Morph Assign: CTLPED" button while turning the synth section's volume knob to the highest level you'll want it to be;

7. Release the Morph Assign button;

8. Re-save the program.

The only thing I'd add is, if you want to play it safe, press SHIFT + CTL.PED to clear any previously set pedal assignments. Do this between step 5 and 6 above. That will ensure that the pedal will ONLY control the zone volume that you touch/adjust in step 6.

I've gotten so good at that (assigning the exp pedal to a knob) that I can do it on the fly, in the middle of a song. I don't even bother with creating patches / calling up patches anymore. I just make what I need, as I need it. That's the beauty of the NS2!

Archived