Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Gig bag 61 with back pack straps?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only ones I found so far is the fusion bags which probably are great but quite pricey.

http://www.fusion-bags.com/collections/all/61-76-keys

It would be for a PC3K6

Hard to find one for KURZ PC3K6 as well as PC361.

I tried the original Kurzweil KB61 and was really disappointed because it didn´t fit my PC361.

No chance to get the instrument into the bag,- insane !

Otherwise the build quality was really good, but it was unusable.

The Fusion-F3-19 K6B fits a PC361 best,- I downloaded the Exel chart from fusion website.

Comparing the padding w/ the freely movable foam-blocks inside tells me, one of these blocks must be about 4cm thick, so 2 of these on each side should compensate for oversize in length (inner dimensions 111cm vs 100cm length of keyboard).

You will get about 2cm difference in depth too as well as about 4cm difference in height.

Conclusion,- nothing fits perfect, also not bags made by Soundwear or others.

Good quality keyboard bags are so pricey I recommend buying a hardcase which isn´t much more expensive for a 61 keys keyboard.

The price difference from original Kurzweil gigbag to a Thomann (THON) hardcase for a PC361/PC3K6 is about 30 - 40 EUR.

They offer plastic and wood hardcases, so you have the option choosing a lighter or heavier (but more rugged) solution.

A.C.

Just find the best bag that fits your board. Then buy and harness, hip belts, etc .... that you want and have it converted to a backpack.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

@AC, thanks, but I already have a hard case for it, and the combo is fxcking heavy...

So that's why I thought of a "back pack" solution...for rehearsals primarily

@CEB, that idea already crossed my mind. Gotta let the girlfriend do the work then, I'm too clumsy when it comes to stuff like this :crazy:

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

Arthur Schopenhauer

I would not do that. I would take it to an upholstery shop and show them what you want and have them do it. All you may need are some HEAVY nylon loops attached to the bag to run carbiners through. Or instead you may need to cut and border some strap runs. It will depend on what kind of harness you find.

You need someone with the proper equipment to do the stitching. My wife sews and has a surger machine in addition to a standard sewing machine and I wouldn't give this project to her. I wouldn't want to listen to her complain when she started breaking needles.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

I've got a Yamaha Gig Bag for my MOXF6 that has backpack straps on it. Check the dimensions on the PC3K6 and compare it to the MOXF6 and see if it's close. If it is, PM me and I'll share with you where I got mine for half the price it normally runs.

Hardware:
Yamaha
: MODX7 | Korg: Kronos 88, Wavestate | ASM: Hydrasynth Deluxe | Roland: Jupiter-Xm, Cloud Pro, TD-9K V-Drums | Alesis: StrikePad Pro|
Behringer: Crave, Poly D, XR-18, RX1602 | CPS: SpaceStation SSv2 | 
Controllers: ROLI RISE 49 | Arturia KeyLab Essentials 88, KeyLab 61, MiniLab | M-Audio KeyStation 88 & 49 | Akai EWI USB |
Novation LaunchPad Mini, |
Guitars & Such: Line 6 Variax, Helix LT, POD X3 Live, Martin Acoustic, DG Strat Copy, LP Sunburst Copy, Natural Tele Copy|
Squier Precision 5-String Bass | Mandolin | Banjo | Ukulele

Software:
Recording
: MacBook Pro | Mac Mini | Logic Pro X | Mainstage | Cubase Pro 12 | Ableton Live 11 | Monitors: M-Audio BX8 | Presonus Eris 3.5BT Monitors | Slate Digital VSX Headphones & ML-1 Mic | Behringer XR-18 & RX1602 Mixers | Beyerdynamics DT-770 & DT-240
Arturia: V-Collection 9 | Native Instruments: Komplete 1 Standard | Spectrasonics: Omnisphere 2, Keyscape, Trilian | Korg: Legacy Collection 4 | Roland: Cloud Pro | GForce: Most all of their plugins | u-he: Diva, Hive 2, Repro, Zebra Legacy | AAS: Most of their VSTs |
IK Multimedia: SampleTank 4 Max, Sonik Synth, MODO Drums & Bass | Cherry Audio: Most of their VSTs |

My PC361 is sitting in one of these at home right now. I'm not sure why A.C. had problems with the fit, but mine fits like a glove. Has backpack straps and everything.

http://www.thomann.de/gb/kurzweil_kb61_gigbag.htm

Maybe they changed the dims recently? I just got mine last year.

~ vonnor

Gear:

Hardware: Nord Stage3, Korg Kronos 2, Novation Summit

Software: Cantabile 3, Halion Sonic 3 and assorted VST plug-ins.

I got one of the PC361 bags shortly after buying the 361 during the close-out. It was priced way below what I'm seeing them now, and (like vonner) it fits with a close but not ultra tight fit. Also has the backpack straps (which I frankly wish were removable).

Howard Grand|Hamm SK1-73|Kurz PC2|PC2X|PC3|PC3X|PC361; QSC K10's

HP DAW|Epi Les Paul & LP 5-str bass|iPad mini2

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone!

Very weird about the KB61 gigbag...

Dimensions of the PC3K6: 100 x 35.5 x 12.3

and the inner dimensions of the bag: 96 x 36 x 10 cm

"Kurzweil KB61 Gigbag, Softcase built for devices with 61 keys, for PC361, PC161, K2661, K2000, KME61 and other,"

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

Arthur Schopenhauer

...Also has the backpack straps (which I frankly wish were removable).

They are, albeit surgically (I used an Exacto knife).

Gear:

Hardware: Nord Stage3, Korg Kronos 2, Novation Summit

Software: Cantabile 3, Halion Sonic 3 and assorted VST plug-ins.

Thanks everyone!

Very weird about the KB61 gigbag...

Dimensions of the PC3K6: 100 x 35.5 x 12.3

and the inner dimensions of the bag: 96 x 36 x 10 cm

"Kurzweil KB61 Gigbag, Softcase built for devices with 61 keys, for PC361, PC161, K2661, K2000, KME61 and other,"

Well, that´s right !

My KB 61 was much too short by several cm !

There was no way to get the keyboard in that bag and we tried w/ 2 people !!!

I returned the gigbag to Thomann and had a phonecall w/ ´em.

They double checked the inner dimensions of the bag and confirmed.

That is what you read now on their webpage.

Before my case, there were other dimensions mentioned on their website, but they corrected the inner dimensions specs.

So, actually, the gigbag doesn´t fit for any PC361 or PC3K6.

It is really a shame because the bag is perfectly manufactured otherwise.

I have no idea who is manufacturing the gigbag and why the inner dimensions don´t fit the KURZ 61 keys keyboards now.

Maybe they got a bunch of chinese rip-offs,- who knows ?

I´m pretty sure, when it were just only a single item issue, they had sent me another one which fits, but it didn´t happen and I got a refund.

So, don´t buy !

A.C.

That Mono case didn't fit my board (Nord E4D) too well, so I returned it and got one of the new Gator Pro-Go keyboard bags instead.

The 49-key version (G-PG-49) fits the Nord 4D very nicely--a bit snug lengthwise, but the interior is super-plush so it's easy to get in and out. It has removable backpack straps; commodious exterior pocket; rigid sides; and an extra handle on one end. Very nice bag.

I believe the 61-key version of this product would fit the OP's Kurz.

• 6 years later...

The first runs of the Kurz KB61 cases came out of the factory a couple inches short.

Some folks bought up this stock and are selling them on eBay, and like sites, without informing that they won't fit PC3 size boards.

Request actual dimensions before purchase, I didn't and got stuck with a short one because the shipping costs aren't included in returns and it wasn't worth pursuing.

One of the Fusion bags was what I was going to get for my Summit. They seem to be getting harder to find, by the time I was ready to buy I couldn't find that model. FC17 or something like that, it was for a 49 key keyboard but it would have fit nicely.

Either that, or the Pro-go from Gator, but I can't recall if those have backpack straps.

I do use the backpack straps pretty often on my MODX7, the one danger being that it's a 7 octave keyboard so the thing sticks up above my head and is easy to whack on stuff.