Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

KC Fantasy Football 2015-2016

Dave Bryce

Hi, guys -

As those of you who read the NFL thread and/or frequent the forum know, we have a "no $$" Yahoo Fantasy Football league that we've run for the past few years.

Typically, we play with 12 players, although we can play with 10. Right now, we're at 10, so we're good to go...but we can take two more players, if anyone else would like to play.

We can't have an odd amount...but there is one forumite who has offered to play to make sure we have an even amount, if we need him. So, if anyone else wants to play, now is the time to speak up.

Our draft will be in one month - the last Sunday in August, at 1PM Eastern/10AM Pacific time.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Killer B3s will be back and taking no prisoners!

Except maybe ourselves and our dumb luck. :freak: Somehow, we won the regular season last year. I still don't know how that happened. :laugh:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

If by mad you literally mean "crazy," then maybe! :taz:

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

• 2 weeks later...
Based on my lacklustre participation last year, I should probably sit this one out. Let me know if someone flakes and you need a second emergency sub.

I'll jump back in once I graduate.

Come on back Eric. It is fun mayne. :thu::cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

I appreciate it, Prof, but locking in rosters on Thursday afternoon proved to be the bane of my existence and no doubt annoying to more competitive players. I often ended up with injuries or bye weeks in my starting lineup.

And that was last year. This year will probably be even busier! :eek:

Y'know, the more I think about it, I can't see anyone who's already in objecting to the ten team league, and we've given plenty of opportunity for anyone else who wanted to join to do so.

Means only four will make the playoffs...but that's the way it goes.

10 it is. :cool::rawk:

dB

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I know this is 11th hour and all, but my son desperately wants to get into a competitive (ie not Yahoo Public) league, and his buddies in HS don't seem to be all that interested.

As much as I despise 12-team leagues, I'd do it to get my kiddo in on the fun...

Will be good times.

Personally doesn't matter to me if we have 10 or 12, the more the merrier. Playoffs are the most underwhelming part of fantasy, all about the 'regular season' final standings in my world.

Steinway L, Yamaha Motif XS-8, NE3 73, Casio PX-5S, iPad, EV ZLX 12-P ZZ(x2), bunch of PA stuff.

Honestly, Griff...I'd rather not.

There were a couple of my friends that I coud have plugged in, but I told them no because this is a league of friends from this forum. I'd like to keep it that way, if possible.

Also, we'd be pulling in someone as 12th man who's only agreed to do it if we need him - they don't want to do it, or they'd have already signed up. Whoever it is, they probably won't be that into it...or they'd have already signed up.

Sorry...

dB

I hope some knowledgable person sets up the pick'em as well...since I do much better at that than the fantasy! :)

NORD STAGE 2, IPAD 2 with lots of soft syths

Roland td9 expanded

Guitars, basses, Pod Xtl, GT-10b

Garritan, Reason, Symphonic Choirs , Cubase, Sibelius

Three shelter cats

Griff, if you want to set up or join one of those existing Yahoo leagues of otherwise random people, I'd be willing to join you and your son there.

Honestly, Griff...I'd rather not.

There were a couple of my friends that I coud have plugged in, but I told them no because this is a league of friends from this forum. I'd like to keep it that way, if possible.

Also, we'd be pulling in someone as 12th man who's only agreed to do it if we need him - they don't want to do it, or they'd have already signed up. Whoever it is, they probably won't be that into it...or they'd have already signed up.

Sorry...

dB

That's cool. I completely understand.

Griff, if you want to set up or join one of those existing Yahoo leagues of otherwise random people, I'd be willing to join you and your son there.

We have one set up, but so far it's just the two of us and he (bizarrely) set the draft for tomorrow...

I'll be running around today, but if there's time for me to get in and you want to share it, I'll do it.

Just looked at my lineup - other than being thin at RB, it wasn't half bad... I should be so lucky with my manual drafts... :eek:

Tell me about it.

My best team this year was autodrafted. Heck, Anker won a few years back with an autodrafted team.

Maybe we overthink things.... ;)

There's no way I could have ended up with the team I did if I had autodrafted. I went more WR heavy than the system would have done on it's own.

dB

Archived