Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Close to perfect

Dave Bryce

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Might well be good for some pleasant play time. Using my audio system with some somewhat comparable keyboards for a JAM should not be ok with direct neighbors, even if I can't throw a kilowatt into the field next to the garden as some annoying systems do. Well, I think it would be enjoyable, but too much for a normal small apartment context anyhow, and certainly knowing that players coming to a jam may be a varied bunch with lots of urges..

For seasoned players the excitement level will very much depend on the sounds having been programmed and the result of the mixing, so that's a challenge.

T.

What's the painting to the right of the piano?

The art is by a lady named Pooneh Oshidari.

We have another of her pieces over the mantel - you can barely see the bottom of it in the pic where the piano is straight on.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Hey Dave I have the same mixer going through the SS... how do you EQ it? I'm never quite getting the right AP sound, always sounds kinda boxy & high ended.

Also, add a black light & posters to "70's" up the joint!!!

You don't know you're in the dark until you're in the light.

Hey Dave I have the same mixer going through the SS... how do you EQ it?

How do I EQ what? Only channels 1 and 2 on the M06 have EQ. I usually don't do anything with those.

If you mean the ones on the SS - I leave those alone unless the room I'm in calls for an adjustment...and even then, it's usually only the mid one I mess with.

dB

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, this rig doesn't have to be restricted to my rig. If you have a rig that is close to perfect for you too, let's see it!

Looking more for live performance than studio, though - I built this rig to do some playing with people in that room this month (although I may try to capture some of that to two track at some point...but that'd just be a bonus).

It still has yet to be determined how much of that actually gets to be left there...luckily, my wife is enjoying the music that comes out of there, so I'm good for a while. :)

dB

Archived