Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

mini vent versus vew ventilator

lsj

just wondering if anyone has compared the new vent to the mini vent. I originally purchased the old vent for my SK1, but never really liked it, so I sold it. maybe it was me but, I couldn't get it to sound any noticeable difference from the internal sim on my SK1. was thinking of getting the mini vent for organ. any comments or should I go the extra for the new vent. thank you.......Larry

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The differences in sound between the Vent 1 and Vent 2 are not appreciably more noticeable. There are more features, balancing between rotors, speed control changes independently, etc.. My guess is that if you "never liked" (your quote) the Vent 1 then I'd think that you're not going to suddenly like the Vent 2.

Since you were thinking of getting the mini vent, the sound engines are identical to the Vent 1 (slightly less features). If you didn't like Vent 1 I can't possibly see that you would suddenly like the mini vent.

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

maybe it was me but, I couldn't get it to sound any noticeable difference from the internal sim on my SK1.

Larry

the only place where you will find a real difference between the SK1 and the Vent is the overdrive. The Vent clearly wins here. The majority of Vent users use it for that reason only, best I can tell. The SK1 sim is certainly very good by itself.

:nopity:

I had the Vent 2 before I got my SK2, and I think I've only used it once with the SK2, in fact I'm considering selling it, it just doesn't really do the SK any favours in my opinion, the internal sim is excellent.

I previously had a Hammond XE Organ and the Vent transformed it into an great sounding organ, but for some odd reason it just doesn't do it for the SK2, and I'm not bothered about overdrive, I don't use it anyway.

The o/d on the Vent 2 is amazing. it really gives my SK1 some balls. i have the SK1 drive at about 11 o'clock, and then kick in the Vent 2 drive at between 2 and 3 o'clock. Using them both together sounds great!

SSM

Occasionally, do something nice for a total stranger. They'll wonder what the hell is going on!

I have the Vent 1 and 2 - I did have the Mini Vent for a while but sold it to get the Vent 2 because I wanted the extra controls over speed and acceleration. Vent 1 and 2 are supposedly the same sound engine, although for some reason I tend to prefer the Vent 1 for one of my organ clones and the Vent 2 for another of them.

Nord Stage 3 Compact

Nord Stage 2 EX Compact

Korg Kronos 2 73

Mag C2 organ

UHL X3-1 organ

GSI DMC-122 

Radial KL8

Motion Sound Kp500S

Macbook Pro 
Falcon, UVI, Kontakt, Logic, PT

Archived