Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

way OT iPhone 6 protective covers

BluesKeys

Suggestions wanted for iPhone 6 covers. Looking for something that will protect from drops and fits into pocket easily. I have had Otter Box Defender for current iPhone 4 and though it works the rubber exterior starts to fall apart.

Looking these at in order

1.Pong Sleek $45-$50 rather pay 1/2 that

2. xDoria Defense Shield $28-$30

3.Tech 21 Classic $35-$40

4. Speck Candy Shell with screen cover $25-$35

Any suggestions or experience with your favorite is appreciated

Jimmy

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.steveowensandsummertime.com

www.jimmyweaver.com

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I swear by the Griffin Survivor cases. They are on the expensive side ($50 or so) -- but they are probably the most drop-resistant case you can get. The first time you drop your phone on the concrete or tile, it just more than paid for itself.

FWIW, my wife has (had) a OB Defender case for her iPhone and dropped it ONCE just last week. Bye-bye screen!!! I have dropped mine in the Griffin case more times than I care to admit and it just bounces. I know some of this depends on exactly how it falls and hits, but I'm a true believer on the Griffin Defender series.

This is one area where you don't want to go cheap.. busting a phone is no fun.

I don't like cases that cover the nice design of the iPhone, as well as keep it from fitting in my pocket. So I get a sleeve from these guys.

I know that's not what those of you who think these things are made of glass or something like that want, though.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

I'm like Joe on the iPhone 6 - I use a horizontal leather belt case for it. My phone doesn't get as much likelihood of dropping as my iPad Mini, which is used as a MIDI sound source. I have the Griffin Survivor case for the iPad Mini - it is very protective against drops (it is NOT waterproof). I found an EBay vendor that had new all black sealed in the box case for substantially less than the retail. The ones marked "All Terrain" are more protective than the "Core."

Howard Grand|Hamm SK1-73|Kurz PC2|PC2X|PC3|PC3X|PC361; QSC K10's

HP DAW|Epi Les Paul & LP 5-str bass|iPad mini2

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Jim

Otterbox will replace broken covers. I had one for my iPhone 4s and now the 6. My wife and 3 kids all have them on their iPhones. Never had damage to any dropped phone.

Yes, and Otter box replaced mine (iPhone 4)but the warrantee is only one year from date of purchase. The second one gave out close to two years later and no replacement. I really didn't like the bulk or the rubber outside which made it difficult to pull out of my pocket. I actually lost cash ($20 bills) because the phone pulled them out of my pocket.

Jimmy

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.jimmyweaver.com

I have a leather Adopted case with metal edges. Nice looking, feels good...but one side of the panel that has the volume and mute switches is open on the front face, and I consequently mute the ringer all the time.

http://adoptednyc.com/media/img/_cache/detail/saddle-leather-wrap-case-iphone6/ADOPTED-iPhone%206%204.7-Leather%20Wrap%20(Saddle%20Brown-Silver)-4.jpg

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

David,

Is that leather case open on the bottom, where the headphone jack is?

I use the Bose noise-cancelling earbuds, and am having trouble finding a case that allows a snug fit. Often, my cord slips off. So I need a case that both provides good protection all-around, but does not block the jack at all.

This has worked really well for me. It's a wallet style but don't let that put you off. It fits nicely in your front pocket and has a stays closed with a magnetic latch. Many people have commented on how nice it looks.

I've dropped it a few times on concrete with nary a scratch.

http://www.amazon.com/iPhone-i-Blason-Leather-Feature-Holders/dp/B00M0Y656W/ref=sr_1_1?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1430260429&sr=1-1&keywords=i-blason+iphone+6+wallet+case

I really am leaning toward Pong Sleek. Wish I knew someone who had one.

Jimmy

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.jimmyweaver.com

It's a jungle...and real hard to choose.

http://www.mobilereviews-eh.ca/category/product-reviews/iphone-product-reviews/iphone-6-iphone-product-reviews/

They do great reviews with drop tests and whatnot

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

Arthur Schopenhauer

David,

Is that leather case open on the bottom, where the headphone jack is?

Yes!

That was really important to me - the adaptors that fit on the ends of the older power connectors don't fit the ones that aren't open on the bottom.

I use the Bose noise-cancelling earbuds, and am having trouble finding a case that allows a snug fit. Often, my cord slips off. So I need a case that both provides good protection all-around, but does not block the jack at all.

This one should definitely work for you, then.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

After looking at many options I am just plain confused!!! I saw a metal one somewhere that had Military drop specs of 6.5 (2meters) and now can't find it!!! no that I throw my phone but I do want protection. I do seem to lean toward the Spigen Neo Metal or Adopted cases.

Jimmy

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.jimmyweaver.com

Archived