Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Mojo vs Duo

Groove58

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I owned both of them.

in my opinion (so, this is just personal), with the last software release Mojo has better keyclick and overdrive.

on the other hand I prefer KeyBDuo chorus, and it sound really balanced all over the keys up to the last octaves.

if you use them with a real leslie, they both sounds GREAT.

if you use the internal simulation, you should listen carefully to both of them, as they are different (both really realistic). only your ear could tell wich one is the best for you.

the robustness is good for both, but the KeyBDuo is more "organ" (in weight too....).

you should compare the Mojo with the KeyBLive (same dimensions).

at this moment my overall preference is for Mojo.

during last week Frankfurt Music Messe the new KeyBLegend (double manual, reverse preset keys) has been presented, with new DSP, new internal generation, new leslie simulation, new overdrive.

don't know when they will be ready for the market.

take care

Marco

Other than both originating in Italy, no they are unrelated.

Guido of Crumar and GSI fame wrote VB-3 from scratch. The current form that runs on Mojo and Hamichord was a complete rewrite.

The KeyB software started from the Beatrix organ software. The original developer for that started working for DLQ (the KeyB people) exclusively after that. Originally it ran on linux, but some years ago was rewritten to run on DSP chips.

Moe

---

I guess you can add that they both use fatar keybeds .

the live is a little longer in length , not much . elvio has

mentioned to me recently that he expects the latest version

of the live to have little less weight that originally ,

possible just under 40lbs . also all keyb's have an 11 pin

leslie connector along with 1/4" stereo outs and you can

run them all simultaneously , a nice feature ( the internal

sim is never present in the leslie connector )

Other than both originating in Italy, no they are unrelated.

Guido of Crumar and GSI fame wrote VB-3 from scratch. The current form that runs on Mojo an here d Hamichord was a complete rewrite.

The KeyB software started from the Beatrix organ software. The original developer for that started working for DLQ (the KeyB people) exclusively after that. Originally it ran on linux, but some years ago was rewritten to run on DSP chips.

I guess you could also add that GSI and the new Crumar have been under the same ownership since commencement and DLQ has sold out or attempted to enter into partnerships with others at least twice in the same period. See here for details

A misguided plumber attempting to entertain | MainStage 3 | Axiom 61 2nd Gen | Pianoteq | B5 | XK3c | EV ZLX 12P

Also think both companies are really small with limited resources concentrated two 1-2 developers. Crumar are more active on forums like this and the Yahoo Mojomusicians Group. This is also reflected on their websites as well on how easy it is to get in contact via email.

Archived